Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming midi keyboard to model?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jamie64000
409 Views, 0 Replies

Programming midi keyboard to model?

Hi all,

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to coding/programming and I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a cool idea that hasn't really been used much, but was wondering how hard it would be to learn.

I would like to create a modelled piano keyboard in maya and link the keys to a physical midi keyboard. Is this possible? And how would I go about creating it?

The end result would hopefully be me playing the piano, (I can overdub the sound after if it's difficult to add sound) for online tutorial purposes.

Creating a tutorial in this way would highly benefit the user, but since I have no programming experience, I have no idea where to start.

Since I would like to begin coding, I don't mind spending years to work up my knowledge before creating this, time isn't an issue.

Logic Pro has a midi keyboard view that presses down visual notes in a similar 2d way.

But where do I begin? What program's are best used for this? How difficult would it be? Where do I start?

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report