Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 deformer attributeAffects

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
greatrgb
511 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2014 deformer attributeAffects

Hello!

I am having a strange issue with Maya 2014 and a custom deformer I have written that was working up until at least version 2011 (the version I last compiled it for).  It appears like attributeAffects isn't working correctly.  I have setup a few attributes that I want to affect outputGeom but the deform method is not being called when an input attribute changes.

My inputs are of types color, boolean, matrix and a generic attribute that accepts kMesh, kNurbsSurface or kNurbsCurve.  Changing any of these values will not cause the deform method to run.  If I change the envelope attribute, the deform method is run correctly.  This was definitely working in Maya 2011 back when I compiled it last.  I am not recieving any compilation errors so it appears as if everything is setup correctly.

Has anything changed since Maya 2011 that could cause this?  I am using Visual Studio 2010, would that version cause an issue?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-tony

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
greatrgb
in reply to: greatrgb

It seems that I had to just shift around where I was calling addAttribute and attributeAffects.  Sorry for the noise!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report