Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxScript MacroScript compile error for PhysX buttons

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jmcintosh
7426 Views, 2 Replies

MaxScript MacroScript compile error for PhysX buttons

Apologies up front, as I am not too familiar with MaxScript.

I'm trying to clean up an ex-co-worker's PC since the models he was generating in 3ds Max 2012 were consistently corrupted when opened on other machines. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Max, and installed SP2 plus hotfixes. However, when launching Max I received the following errors (screenshot of one attached).

"Attempt to display more that maxiumum number of simultaneous error message dialogs occured. See error log file for additional error messages." 

Might be worth mentioning that the grammatical error "more that" was not a typo on my part. This error pops at least half a dozen times, followed up by one instance of...

"-- Compile error: Original macro definition not matched by source in file: C:\longfilepathhere\Macro_PhysX_Buttons.mcr -- In line: )"

I moved the .mcr file to another location (didn't want to delete it, yet) and Max launches just fine as far as I can tell.

So my questions are:

1. Is this a standard macro that ships with Max from Autodesk, or is this some 3rd party plugin that wasn't removed completely during the uninstall?

2. If it is from Autodesk, will removing this macro cause problems down the road?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- JMc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: jmcintosh

That's not a standard script. Did you remove the installation folder before reinstalling? The uninstall does not, and and install won't overwrite either.

My guess is that he installed the full PhysX from nVidia - which it NOT part of Max (Max has MassFX wich is only part of PhysX).

Uninstall, remove the program folder and the user's local folders (for Max) then reinstall - you don't know what else is lying around which could cause a problem.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
jmcintosh
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks for the quick response, Steve. I did not remove any installation folder before uninstall/reinstall. I did remove the old user profile and all folders/files, but not until after the un/reinstall.

I'll go back through and try to find any and all 3rd party Max plugins and remove them.

Thanks!

- JMc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report