New Idea
27 Kudos

Inventor Publisher

by jamest on ‎10-24-2012 05:10 PM

I am sure this has been brought up countless times before however i would love to see Inventor Publisher included in PDS

James

Thanks for the feedback - we'll add this to the list of requests for a future release.
3 Kudos

Buy a 1.5 Suite

by Contributor djovica30 on ‎12-15-2013 04:56 PM

Why don't you sell a 1.5 Suite, where customers can buy a 1.5 Suite and use two suite products simulataneously? i.e. One guy using inventor, one guy using showcase, 3ds Max or sketchbook designer or AutoCAD, etc.. but you can't use two instances of the same product.

Many of my clients want to be able to use a second program in the suite for short term stints like marketing doing visuals or the product development manager using sketchbook, etc. and it's notthe engineer who wants to use it.

Sell it as a SLM or NLM, charge 50% more on the licence and on the subs. It's one 360 account.

If they need another user, (e.g. one uses Inventor, one uses AutoCAD, one uses Sketchbook), then they can pay another 50%, an add-on to the 1.5 and make it a 2.0, 2.5, etc. but if they need two seats of Inventor, they buy two PrDS suites.

That way you're actually getting the suite to do what it was intended to do, growing the pool of licences and integrating it better in the workplace. In its current form its only being used by the designers or engineers who are too busy doing their work and are not utilising the suite to it's full potential. The engineer has enough work on his plate than to also learn 3ds Max when there's a guy in marketing already that knows how to use it.

Clients don't see the value of buying 2 PrDS' when the second user is only using it for Sketchbook or knocking up a quick AutoCAD drawing or doing a minor edit.

Instead of someone buying PrDS and then AutoCAD Electrical becuase they can't afford 2x rPDS-P's, they can buy a PrDS-P 1.5 and have both mech and elec guys working inconjunction and both enjoy the benefits of the suite too.

20 Kudos
cbenner

Product Design Suite Addition

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-27-2012 05:24 PM

I would like Autodesk to seriously consider adding Autocad P&ID to Product Design Suite to round out the package for skid mounted Routed Systems design industries.  Industries such as mine require the use of Inventor Routed Systems, Autocad Electrical AND Autocad P&ID.  Currently Product Design Suite and/or Plant Design Suite only include 2 of the 3.  I think either one or the other suites should include all 3 for a more fully rounded package.  Mentioned this to the Product Manager at AU2012, and putting the ide here was his suggestion... so lets kudo this sucker up and get it rolled into the 2014 packges.  :smileyvery-happy:

Hi cbenner and tahdesign - Thanks for your feedback! I'd like to move this suggestion to our Product Design Suite IdeaStation, so we can consider the input in context there. Also, would you be willing to have a short phone conversation with me, so I can better understand the kind of applications you're working on? I'll send you a private message with this request as well. Thanks, Janna Janna Spicer Product Manager, PrDS
16 Kudos

Product Design Suite Update Manager

by Employee pfwhite on ‎10-10-2012 05:59 PM

The Product Design Suite should have an update manager that automatically searches for hotfixes and service packs. These updates could be presented in the Launchpad application for the user to apply the updates as this would like.

This would be a better way for users to become aware of and install all the various service packs and hotfixes that may affect the numerous programs they have available in the Product Design Suite.

Good news! The 2014 release of Product Design Suite includes a method to notify users of updates. Check out the Launch Pad in Product Design Suite 2014 and let us know how it works for you! Thanks, Janna Spicer, Product Manager for Product Design Suite
3 Kudos

Hi,

we use VaultPro 2014 and we still have the issue, that only in the Vaultbrowser the fields from Vault are available to show (like eg. description or materialnumber).

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 - [SCE10122103.png

In the Modelbrowser it is not available (look at the lower screenshot). I miss these functions in the vault browser!

Marking Menu_2013-07-01_12-01-06.png

My idea is to merge this to browsers together, so you do not need to change every time between these two.

Or to make all features available in Vault browser

1 Kudo

Customise or consolidate

by Distinguished Contributor O.Maille on ‎04-23-2013 09:50 AM

I just reinstalled the infrastructure design suite premium following a fresh install of windows. As I use a SSD as my primary drive I decided to install the programs to my secondary drive, the result was a loss of 14.4 GB from primary and 17.7 GB from secondary drive. Assuming the building design suite will be the same size that's 60GB for drawing software. That is bad enough but I know from previous cleanups of autodesk installs a large portion of that is duplicate content, given the array of programs included in the suites can shared libraries not be utilised more effeiently? Why is 14.4GB of content on a drive where the programs are not installed? Essentially there must be huge potential to streamline the suite to deliver a more joined up approach.

The alternative is to keep having to jump between multiple programs on one machine to get anything done meaning massive CPU and RAM requirements as we have at the moment. The only advantage to this setup is that there should be potential for customised design suites?

For example I do not need visualisation programs yet >50% of the suite is for vis (navis, 3ds, IW...), I do need design software but most of it is either in the ultimate suite or not maintained. I would prefer a suite with; Robot, SSA, C3D, M3D, RA and forget about the rest OR allow me to hire somebody to mess around with all the visual stuff on another PC to see if there is any value in it.

The programs and plugins could  be easily tiered to allow people pay for a set number of apps from each tier this would not only give the client a better product Autodesk might learn what apps are pointless

Hello O. Maille, This is the Idea Station for Product Design Suite, but I think your point is still valid in this context. We are looking at ways to make the suites more valuable to our customers, and your suggestion is an interesting one. We'll include this in the input for future product and suite planning. Thanks! Janna Spicer, Product Manager for Product Design Suite
1 Kudo

It would be helpful if there was a way to 'customize' my launchpad by organizing the workflows and applications depending on how much I use them. For some applications and workflows that I use a lot I may want to create a favorites area that allows me to quickly access these items.

Excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion!
0 Kudos

I want Inventor Fusion to come back

by Valued Contributor fprico ‎03-30-2014 02:19 PM - edited ‎03-30-2014 02:20 PM

As there is not an ideastation for Autocad, I write this here. I want Inventor Fusion to come again with Autocad. Very useful tool to edit solids and do some other things.

0 Kudos

Vault family

by bendesign04 on ‎12-31-2013 05:57 PM

I would like to see the traditionally vault family of pay for products in the suites so vault pro in the ultimate suite, vault collaboration in the premium suite and vault work group in standard.

0 Kudos

Why can't all file be DWG?

by Contributor djovica30 on ‎11-26-2013 09:07 PM

Have all files DWG and have interoperability betwwen suite programs?

Hi djovica30, DWG is a drawing file type, and is valid for most of the products in the Suite. Are there any specific workflows you are interested in using DWG, for which you haven't been successful? Thanks, Janna Spicer, Product Design Suite Product Manager
0 Kudos

I'd like to see showcase have the ability to publish a rendering to dwf/3d pdf (preferably 3d pdf) and be able to embed that dwf into a webpage

Hi djovica30, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll share this with the Showcase team for their consideration. Thanks, Janna Spicer, Product Design Suite Product Manager
0 Kudos

When I export a curves dwg from sketchbook to Inventor, striaght lines have 3 curve points, so to add dimensions and getting the concept to the engineering phase is time consuming and it's easier just to redraw the thing.

I have grips set to zero, so it should just export as one straight line.

If I export a square with fillets, it exports it as like 15 entities or something silly, when it should only be a simple export.

Another thing is that when I export, iI don't have the ability to delet the fillets and insert a new fillet, so the flexibility isn't there.

If I'm doing something wrong please let me know, because the sales videos show importing the sketch and doing an extrude without doing any constraints or dimensions, which is not practical.

0 Kudos

how can we change elemnt colour when 3d max started ?

Hi Kamal, could you give me a little more context for your question? Are you moving a design from Inventor to 3DS Max when you want to change the element color, or in the middle of another type of workflow? Thanks, Janna
0 Kudos

sketchbook pro

by alrobinson on ‎10-08-2013 09:21 AM

How is it possible to import sketchbook pro files into inventor?

I don't want to know how to do it in designer due to Autodesk not making it anymore thanks.

Thanks in advance!

Hi alrobinson, Inventor is able to accept the following image types: BMP GIF JPG PNG You can export your SketchBook Pro image as one of these filetypes, and then import into Inventor with the following steps: From Inventor- Create a new Part Create a new 2D Sketch From the Sketch Menu on the Ribbon, select Insert (tab) --> Insert Image (button) Navigate to your image. Note - Inventor prefers that your image be located in the active project, however it's not absolutely required. Hope that helps! -Janna
0 Kudos

Project web site

by moneyman20121 on ‎09-15-2013 11:25 AM

im  making this user friendly website that will use autodesk/solidworks and all other 3d soft ware

and work together in file downloading and uploading ...can i get any help in contacting the right people in autodesk to get

into the right channels

Hi there, you might want to check out 360.autodesk.com where we already have a capability like this implemented. If you are looking to develop something else, you may want to consider becoming a member of the Autodesk Developer Network: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=472012.
0 Kudos

Exchange Store

by dts on ‎09-09-2013 05:54 AM

Dear Developement,

It would be nice if autodesk exchange  would remember which app's I have installed. So that when I move to a new computer (or reïnstall everything) that all app's I use can be installed with one click.

That would make it easier to upgrade to a new release.

Regards,

David

Dear dts, this is a great idea. I've provided the feedback to the Autodesk Exchange App team. Thanks! Janna Spicer, Product Design Suite Product Manager
0 Kudos

Upgrading to the latest version

by itravers on ‎08-28-2013 01:07 AM

Hi All,

I have being installing upgrades of these product suites for a few years now. The last couple of years, the amount of software that has to get uninstalled before you install the latest version is getting very time consuming. I only have 6 machines to look after and I fit it in around my actual engineering role.

I would find it really useful if on the next version, there were a tick box on the setup menu that said 'automatically uninstall previous version'.

That way I could set it off in the evening, let it run overnight to remove the old software and install the new software, come in in the morning to a rebooted machine ready to go  - all without the need for user interaction. It would be even better if I could configure the template paths as part of the setup, then it really would be ready to go, just link it to the vault and the user is away.

Anyway, it's just a thought. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Hyncharas

Revit for Product Desgn Suite

by Contributor Hyncharas on ‎07-29-2013 08:14 AM

I know it sounds odd, but suppose you are designing a new product for a business, and you don't have Building/Factory Design Suite.  Without it you can't import the model into a simulated environment, unless you use simply 3ds Max or Maya.

Traditionally I use LumenRT 4 Studio by E-On Software to demonstrate how a product may benefit a workplace, or work in conjunction with another product.  This incorporates a Revit plug-in so I can just drop the object into a 3d visualisation...

It would be great if Revit or a new, limited scope of the software was part of PDS.

0 Kudos
Hyncharas

Alias Automotive instead of Alias Design?

by Contributor Hyncharas on ‎07-27-2013 09:27 PM

Product Design Suite is known for making products for many different industries, but much of these have mechanical and hydraulic components in them, which is why the suite is used a lot in the development of equipment for Construction and Agriculture - combine harvesters, tractors, bulldozers, etc.  Therefore it struck me as odd, given the suite has "Mechanical" and "Electrical" aspects of AutoCAD, why it features Alias Design; not Alias Automotive used to create one of the most widespread products available.

Whilst the manufacture of automobiles and other modes of transport are an industry, the vehicles themselves are built for demographics of end-users based on a list of specific criteria, much like a vacuum cleaner or washing machine.  Alias Automotive also offers all the features of Design, in addition to more advanced visualisation tools that are useful in easily adjusting the surface of a model, so it may more efficient in the final product.

I will stress, however, should Automotive be added to PD Ultimate, Premium and Standard could also include Alias Design so customers in the lower suites still benefit from the change.

0 Kudos

I am attempting to install the design suite on a stand alone HP Z620 that is running all latest MS software (Win 7). The suite hangs up at step 44 of 46 remaining, when it is trying to install ACAD Mechanical 2014, and gives an error message that says "Allied Product is not found". Then the installation program stops running and shows all the products that did not install.

I suspected it was because there was no AutoCAD installed, and so I went to my subscription site and tried to download ACAD but the latest version I could find for myself was 2012. I downloaded that version and attempted to install it on my machine, but could not get past the serial number screen as the serial number and product version numbers would not match. 

So, I have no ACAD on my machine and the Suite Ultimate refuses to install any more programs. I have attempted to reinstall the suite without any luck. This machine is new to me, only 5 mo. old, and I did transfer Inventor 2013 from the last year's suite onto the machine (but not the rest of the 2013 Suite Ultimate, only Inventor). 2014 Suite Ultimate was meant to be installed entirely on this new workstation as the other one has been retired. Does anyone have any ideas as to a next move?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea