Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Suite Network Licenses (Automated Tiered Network License Control)

Managing Suite Network Licenses (Automated Tiered Network License Control)

There has to be a better way to deploy licensing across corporations. I'm in the process of upgrading our North American licensing to 1 Consolidated licenses server.

There should be away to install any application or suite in any order and have the license server see and use the lowest license in the pool of licenses. I understand that this was an oversight at first but I would say the workaround should not be considered long term solution and some serious thought should go into managing license pools from within suites.

What the current license structure means for me:

I will have to create multiple deployments onto an external hard Drive. Then send a drive to all IT managers and make sure they first install AutoCAD, then IDSS, then IDSP, then P&ID, then PDSU.

I also for a fail Safe. I have to exclude the lower apps from the higher deployments. (eg. IDSP will exclude Map 3D and AutoCAD from the deployment)

This is a logistical nightmare and makes annual subscription upgrades extremely difficult for my dept. Alone, much less when I strait building the deployments for North America.

I hope this helps and that you consider building tiered licensing into your network suites. You have tiered solutions for applications now (suites) but no tiered solution for licensing these suits... Installing in order is a workaround not a long term solution.

Push the suites for all that they are worth, but please don't forget to clean the crumbs that are left behind...

This is a mess....

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report