Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a 1.5 Suite

Buy a 1.5 Suite

Why don't you sell a 1.5 Suite, where customers can buy a 1.5 Suite and use two suite products simulataneously? i.e. One guy using inventor, one guy using showcase, 3ds Max or sketchbook designer or AutoCAD, etc.. but you can't use two instances of the same product.

Many of my clients want to be able to use a second program in the suite for short term stints like marketing doing visuals or the product development manager using sketchbook, etc. and it's notthe engineer who wants to use it.

Sell it as a SLM or NLM, charge 50% more on the licence and on the subs. It's one 360 account.

If they need another user, (e.g. one uses Inventor, one uses AutoCAD, one uses Sketchbook), then they can pay another 50%, an add-on to the 1.5 and make it a 2.0, 2.5, etc. but if they need two seats of Inventor, they buy two PrDS suites.

That way you're actually getting the suite to do what it was intended to do, growing the pool of licences and integrating it better in the workplace. In its current form its only being used by the designers or engineers who are too busy doing their work and are not utilising the suite to it's full potential. The engineer has enough work on his plate than to also learn 3ds Max when there's a guy in marketing already that knows how to use it.

Clients don't see the value of buying 2 PrDS' when the second user is only using it for Sketchbook or knocking up a quick AutoCAD drawing or doing a minor edit.

Instead of someone buying PrDS and then AutoCAD Electrical becuase they can't afford 2x rPDS-P's, they can buy a PrDS-P 1.5 and have both mech and elec guys working inconjunction and both enjoy the benefits of the suite too.

5 Comments
hungkvcu
Community Visitor

The engineer has enough work on his plate than to also learn 3ds 

Community Visitor

you said exactly. powerful machines, key machine, depending on demand, the user's machine.
more compact file viewer utility on the excellent mobile

jannaspicer
Alumni

Hi djovica30, I think we have a solution for you - based on what you described above.  Temporary access is now available to Product Design Suite, as well as other products and suites, through this page: http://www.autodesk.com/buy/rental-plans  

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Janna Spicer

Product Design Suite

dvsmiller9
Advocate

I would actually prefer a network license option where one person could grab a license for Inventor and another could grab one for AutoCad or Mudbox or whatever at the same time and still have it count as 1 Product Suite.  This would be very much more preferred over any rental plan where someone else would only need to use the application for a couple hours, instead of an entire month.

djovica30
Enthusiast

I agree dmiller. It would make much more sense to the business than renting or having to buy separate licences of each individual product. You can’t even buy sketchbook designer either, so a 1.5 SLM/NLM would provide much more usage from the suite and flexibility.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report