Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet set manager errors with plotting and publishing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
afunsch
3138 Views, 1 Reply

sheet set manager errors with plotting and publishing

having created - and successfully published and plotted - a sheet set, our firm is perplexed as to why we can now neither plot OR publish to a dwf or pdf using the sheet set manager.  upon opening the sheet set, i will dbl click on a sheet to open the drawing and receive the following message:

229 errors were found in the drawing file during open.  Would you like to cancel this open?  (It is recommended you cancel the open and then run the RECOVER command on the drawing file.

so, we RECOVER the drawing file and the audit detects that there are NO errors in the recovered database.  that being said, i dbl click on the same sheet to try to re-open it - instead of cancelling the open and going through the recovery process, i proceed with the open and the file is open (nothing appears to be corrupted, xrefs are loaded and the drawing looks fine).

at this point i go to publish to PDF (through SSM), select my location, hit enter, and then i receive the following pop-up originating from the plotter icon in the lower right toolbar in CAD:

plot and publish job complete --- errors and warnings found (click to view plot and publish details)

so i do, and the details read as follows: 

Job: Error(s) Did Not Plot

Job ID: 4
Sheet set name: Bldg 6 - CD Set
Date and time started: 3/7/2014 12:20:37 PM
Date and time completed: 3/7/2014 12:20:41 PM
UserID: APF
Profile ID: Drawing1
Total sheets: 1
Sheets plotted: 0
Number of errors: 0
Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: LS1.01 2ND FLOOR COURTYARD - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: \\Server\s\CAD\Commercial\Pike + Rose\WF Block 06\Sheet Set\LS1.00 2ND FLOOR COURTYARD.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name:
Plot file path:
Paper size: 

we are stumped!  please help... i can publish each individual sheet to plot or to PDF from the drawing in CAD, but that defeats the purpose of using the SSM and wastes a TON of time...

thoughts? comments? suggestions?   thanks...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: afunsch

Open that one file, start PAGESETUP command in that tab you are wishing to plot, and compare all settings to a tab in a drawing that works just fine and see what the difference is. The issue/problem is that one 'sheet', nothing is wrong with the other sheets at all which you can still publish.

PS: when AutoCAD report s file error, using RECOVER command on the top file will not address the possible issues in the XREFs attached. basically, you did nothing to fix whatever may be the actual issue(s). RECOVERALL command or AUDIT inside each and every drawing/XREF is the way to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost