Printing and Plotting

CLandscape
Message 1 of 6 (1,063 Views)

pdf plotting transparency problem

1063 Views, 5 Replies
03-06-2012 09:26 AM

I am using AutoCAD 2012 LT.

One problem I have discovered is that when I 'plot transparency' within some paperspaces (not all) within a drawing, the pdf is either printed very fuzzy when printed with Adobe pdf  (it looks like it has been rasterised very low res) or it prints circles and arcs broken when printed with dwg to pdf. Note- I have ensured a high dpi, and installed a new pdf writer which has not solved the issue.

I have looked on the forum but I've not found anyone with the same problem yet

I have other issues with the same drawings such as it will not open/takes an age to open in AutoCAD 2007 LT/2007 even though it is back saved. It opens fine in AutoCAD 2008. Perhaps these are symptoms to a related problem? (Also note I ensure my drawings are audited and purged, no/few splines, etc).

Any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (1,056 Views)

Re: pdf plotting transparency problem

03-06-2012 01:20 PM in reply to: CLandscape

So if you plot transparency from other drawings the problem does not exist?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
CLandscape
Message 3 of 6 (1,047 Views)

03-07-2012 01:19 AM in reply to: pendean

It appears by plotting transparency in any drawing I've tried this morning creates fuzzy drawings using my Adobepdf printer. (But I think my problem with the dwg to pdf is actually a viewing issue -I checked this on other computers and they all view the pdf with broken arcs, but in photoshop they are not broken).

I think I will install some other pdf printers and check if they work, as it appears it might be related to this then...? My opening problems in AutoCAD 2007 I will repost in a different forum as maybe these problems aren't related...

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 4 of 6 (998 Views)

03-20-2012 04:42 PM in reply to: CLandscape

Hello CLandscape,

Did you get this one sorted out? It sounds like maybe Adobe Reader isn't displaying the PDF right.

Bryce Thelin
CLandscape
Message 5 of 6 (987 Views)

03-21-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: bryce.thelin

I didn't actually. We've resorted to never ticking the transparency box when printing which isn't great, I have had to change some of our drawings to enable us to do this.

It is not just a viewer issue, as we get some kind of problem using any of my pdf makers when I tick the box (either the page is completely blank, or it is all slighter whiter, or it is fuzzy). I open the pdfs in Photoshop and I can see the issues there, not just from the pdf viewer.

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 6 of 6 (982 Views)

03-21-2012 08:29 AM in reply to: CLandscape

Make sure you have these two updates installed:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL17692311

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL18022638

Then try to reproduce the problem in a brand new drawing created from the acadlt.dwt template. We want to be sure the problem isn't something with your existing drawings.

Bryce Thelin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community