Did you mean: 

hp designjet 500 42 and autocad 2015 does not support the driver/ print

52 REPLIES 52
SOLVED
Message 1 of 53
arshadmirza786
31048 Views, 52 Replies

hp designjet 500 42 and autocad 2015 does not support the driver/ print

i am using windows 8.1 and autocad 2015 installed from other softwares like Acrobat i can print on my plotter hp 500 42 very nice but autocad 2015 says the divers are not installed is there any remedy for this issue or this plotter to be through-en out too thanks
52 REPLIES 52
Message 21 of 53

Has anyone found the soultion to this problem yet?

Message 22 of 53

I solved this problem on my system by going here

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdSelector/?javax.portlet.tpst=...

and selecting the Printer series from the list and then operating system on next page.

I downloaded "HP Designjet 500 and 510 HP-GL/2 and HP RTL 64-bit driver"

Then force windows 8.1 to install the driver, it kept telling me that the driver was up to date, but make it install.-

Turn plotter on go to device manager printers, right click > update driver > browse my computer > let me pick form a list.

After this it worked for me.

Hope this helps someone else.

Message 23 of 53

Sorry these DRIVERs are for HP DESIGNJET 500 hp-gl/2 and  plus

where as I have a simple HP DESIGNJET 500 without and extended features so these DRIVERS can not support my device

Sorry for inconvence

Message 24 of 53
pendean
in reply to: arshadmirza786

The excellent tip above yours is for both HPGL/2 and the basic RTL: there is no other at HP.
Message 25 of 53

@ arshadmirza786

I also "have a simple HP DESIGNJET 500 without and extended features" which is quite old now and it worked for me,  so these DRIVERS Should support your device. But you have to try it first before it works. I selected the first one on the list in your image but I think you need the second one.

Message 26 of 53

Thank you for all the friends how participated in this post

I have just change my mind and downloaded the "hpdj500wx64pclen" from HP.COM instead of hpgl/2

and it has solved my problem

thanks again for all

Message 27 of 53
vberny
in reply to: allywhite666

I had this problem too, but with the hpdj500... driver it couldn´t be resolved, so I find this link and it is running fine now.

HPDesignJet4500PrinterSeries x64 driver.

http://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Designjet-4000.html#ADriver

I hope it help.

Thanks

Message 28 of 53

Hello there,

May I ask you where did you find Win8 drivers for that DesignJet 800 ? Because I'm not even able to connect the **** thing to the comptuers (here under Win 8.1 x64)

Even if I'm a bit out of topic... thanks by advance.

JBR.

Message 29 of 53
JohnSchwartz3755
in reply to: heczko

My Windows 8.1 does not have those screens and runing msconfig to get there doesn't help.

Does it help to change to the HP or Windows driver (which are probably the same)?

Cheers

John Schwartz

Message 30 of 53

I guess we are stuck I've tried emailing HP with issue but no anser I guess we are stuck with old plotter.

Message 31 of 53

I switched to the new HP driver for my  500 and after trying them all and IT WORKED (WHY) ?

Can't wait for all packages of autocad to be on a mac.

Message 32 of 53
Anonymous

Scenario. Plotter HP 500 monov24 LPT printer, Win 8.1, Autocad 2015, installed basic driver (non HPGL) driver & I am able to print documents & PDF but can't plot through AutoCAD 2015. It asks for HPGL driver.
When I installed HPGL driver, the plotter screen shows error processing the print job. I have 5 PCs with AutoCAD 2015 and win 8.1 combination. All are able to print the docs but the only problem is Plot command via Acad 2015.

Solution.
I downloaded printershare tool from printershare.com,
I kept the basic (non HPGL) driver on the PC where plotter is connected via LPT and installed printershare on it and shared the plotter via printershare.
I installed printershare on all other PCs and searched for shared printer via printershare tool.
I opened Acad 2015 and clicked Plot and selected printershare from printer list and gave a plot command.
Hurray it printed successfully.

Message 33 of 53
wlsjr

You my friend are brilliant. Used the same file you recommended. Works excellent. Running Windows 10, do not ask me why, and current version.....thank you.

Message 34 of 53
wlsjr

You my friend are brilliant, just used same file you recommended on my windows 10 system, do not ask me why, and current autocad....it works flawlessly...thank you.
Message 35 of 53

I do have some problems still with 500, so switch to plot as pdf then open in acrobat of other pdf program and plot from there.

Message 36 of 53
wlsjr
in reply to: JohnSchwartz3755

If you use the HPDJ500wx64pclen file that was described above, you should have no issues plotting directly from AutoCAD. I am on windows 10, yuck, and 2016. It really works. Can not tell you why but thrilled.
Message 37 of 53
elkaba

this file (hpdj500wx64pclen) also worked for me, thank you very much.Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 53
Anonymous
in reply to: elkaba

There is another way to solve that problem.

You can try using you Router Print Server (if you have ofc.)

I have a TPLink router.

Despite the fact that in the list of supported printers HP 500ps 42" is not included - its working.

Message 39 of 53

So is there a definitive answer to this problem?

Same issue here - New computer system on our office server.  windows 10 installed and trying to print to our old HP Desgnjet 500 is not working.

Every other program (except AutoCAD 2017) is printing fine.  

Using the LHPGL and SHPGL generic drivers allows us to print but with screwed up margins.  

At the price they charge for the Software, a driver for this most popular printer should be supplied.  The HP Designjet 500 may be out of service but many small architectural firms are still using them!

Message 40 of 53
wlsjr

Late to the game, but have had the same issue with my excellent HP Designjet 500. I too, unfortunately am running windows 10; as well as AutoCad LT 2017. I have muddled through the forums and discussions over the last two days, only to find no real solution. So I tried something that, for what it is worth, and it worked. I like other was going to have to purchase new plotter and who really wants to do that. So I went ahead and downloaded the driver for the new plotter that I was going to order, "was". I deleted all previous versions of the HP 500, installed the latest HP Designjet T520, "hpdjt520serieswx64gl.exe". I know this sounds weird. But once I installed a new printer in yucky windows 10 and keyed over to these file locations, my antique HP designjet 500 on windows 10 and AutoCad LT 2017, came alive and starting plotting. Two days and wild thought. Hope this helps others

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost