Did you mean: 

Xerox 560 color laser printer - cant force monochrome for raster images

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dtiemeyer
687 Views, 4 Replies

Xerox 560 color laser printer - cant force monochrome for raster images

We use 11x17 for 'check prints'. We recently purchased a Xerox 560. Sometimes our projects use raster images for the client logos in a title block. When I print from AutoCAD MEP 2011 to the 560, AutoCAD (based on the CTB) will convert all linework to black, but the raster images continue as color, causing us to be charged for a color print (10x more than a black print).  Even in the system printer driver, I have tried turning on the 'Xerox Black and White Conversion' checkbox, but to no avail - raster still comes through as color.

Has anybody found a way to force all data incoming to a Xerox to be monochrome?

Is there a way to have AutoCAD send those rasters as grayscale?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Plot Style Tables do not affect raster images. Never have, still don't.
Can you not convert the raster files to mono/grayscale with your graphics programs like Photoshop or Paint.Net or the dozens of other programs out there? Or do you actually still need them in color at some point (so you make copies to store safdely)?
Message 3 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: pendean

We don't want to get into the business of changing a client's logo.

And why wouldn't Autodesk provide a way to control this portion of the plotted output when there is such precise control of every other aspect of it.?

But I digress, if CTB's cannot affect an attached raster, is there anything else in AutoCAD that may? (short of using Raster Design to alter the attached image)

Also, this seems like something the printer driver should be able to accommodate. Why would a 'black and white' check mark be an option if it doesn't work on some entities?

Dustin
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I don't write code for Autodesk; I just use the program like you do.

Most printer drivers do have this ability, it would appear yours is not capable? Go ask their support site for help whole you wait here for someone to jump in.
Message 5 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: pendean

Turns out my IT staff had the wrong driver loaded (based on info from our dealer). Getting the right one allowed this option to work. Cheers Dean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost