Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport not scaling.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
banboodesign
324 Views, 1 Reply

Viewport not scaling.

I have created a drawing in model space with a scale of 1:1. I am using an 11x17 paper size and I want to scale my viewport in paper space to 1/2"=1'-0". What happens is when I do so, the drawing inside the viewport appears tiny and does not plot to 1/2"=1'-0". I have never had this happen to me, I even downgraded to AutoCAD 2011 from 2014, and reinstalled it a couple of times, thinking it was a bug.

Normally, my printer does not print 11x17 so I plot it to an adobe PDF. I have checked that when I go and print, that it is printed to full scale, as to not "fit to page".

My drawing is set to decimal degrees.

I have also been having issues with the dimension style. But I think its more important to get my drawing to scale first.

I have drawings both in PAPERSPACE and a viewport containing drawings from MODELSPACE.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nestly2
in reply to: banboodesign

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

1/2" = 1'-0" does not seem to be an appropriate scale for what is drawn in modelspace.  The rectangle is only 3 1/2" long, so ploting at 1/2"= 1' would make it only a little over 1/8" on paper.

1/2" = 1'-0" could be used to show the floorplan of a small house, rather than something the size of a cell phone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost