Did you mean: 

Title Block Won't Print

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Harrauch
4989 Views, 5 Replies

Title Block Won't Print

Hello,  I'm trying to make a template for this company to use when printing drawings, but the title block I made won't show up in print preview, and it won't print. The actual part being drawn will print, but the box at the bottom, where there should be the title block, is empty. I will upload the drawing files. Please help me out here, I can't figure it out.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ampster402
in reply to: Harrauch

as I expected, some of the entites within your titleblock block are on the defpoints layer which doesn't print nor will you see any entities on the defpoints layer in a print preview.

Change all entities to something other than the defpoints layer and you should be good to go.

HTH

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Harrauch

Why does your file have a double extension?
Many of the objects inside that rectagular block are on layer DEFPOINTS, a system layer that never ever prints. Go fix it and try again, it works fine after movning those to other layers.
Message 4 of 6
ampster402
in reply to: pendean

Dean, I'm not able to correct this problem using the OP's file, even after moving the entites off the defpoints layer onto either the titleblock or 0 layers.

I can copy/paste the titleblock over to a new file and I see a full preview in the plot window.

I've even tried deleting and purging out the original block from the OP's file and inserting the block back in and still most of the titleblock does not show up in the print preview?!?!

I'm lost at this point.

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ampster402

That scaled block is messed up in there big time, I agree. You can't even redefine it, just make a new one.

See attached, one exploded (works fine), one defined as a new block name.

Message 6 of 6
Harrauch
in reply to: pendean

Yeah, I figured that out earlier today at work. It wasn't the same layer issue that most people thought it was. I knew it wasn't because I tried exploding everything, putting it all on the same layer, then putting it back together, saving it over, inserting it again, etc. etc. but it never worked.

I had originally pulled parts of that title block off of an old drawing, and some of those references just messed everything up. So, I copied the bare bones of the exploded block, all on Layer "0", copied them into a new drawing, making sure none of the old references/layers followed, and saved it as a new block. Then it worked fine. Problem solved. Thanks everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost