Printing and Plotting

Contributor
spencerward
Message 1 of 4 (213 Views)

Prompt to save DWG 2 PDF

213 Views, 3 Replies
10-30-2012 10:00 AM

Is there a way to have AutoCAD prompt the user for the name and location when Batch Plotting using DWG 2 PDF?

Currectly I can set the default location in the Publish Option by Naming and Mane are Greyed out and set to N/A.

I am able to set the Auto Publish but that only does a single sheet.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: Prompt to save DWG 2 PDF

10-30-2012 01:00 PM in reply to: spencerward

PUBLISH has an OPTIONS... button where you can set what you need, and also decide if output is to a single PDF or multiple PDFs. Unless you are stuck in a very old AutoCAD version that is.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
spencerward
Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)

10-30-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: pendean

Under the Publish Options button I can set a default folder location and if I want a single or multiple PDF.  I still do not see how to get a prompt for the file name and folder location when Batch Plotting.  In the past I have used Adobe drives to plot and I would get a prompt for saving the PDF.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)

10-30-2012 02:02 PM in reply to: spencerward

NAMING section of that pop-up, instead of N/A use PROMPT FOR NAME: this feature is only available if you use the built-in PDF driver in PUBLISH, not "adobe".

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community