Printing and Plotting

terrywakeham
Message 1 of 4 (191 Views)

Printing

191 Views, 3 Replies
12-11-2012 12:41 PM

I am attempting to print a template full size but when I print it the scale is off. I have tried it on 2 different plotters and printing directly from AutoCAD and from a PDF file with the same results.

Terry

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)

Re: Printing

12-12-2012 05:48 AM in reply to: terrywakeham

Your file is quite the dimensional mess: all your ordinate dimensions are stacked for example.

Your file did not seem to contain any usable plot parameters: what scale are you trying to plot, and what sheet size? I notice you don't use paperspace either, so it's hard to dissect the problem with just your DWG file. Otherwise, it seems to plot just fine, and to the scale I chose, in a quick test. See attached.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
terrywakeham
Message 3 of 4 (164 Views)

12-13-2012 11:06 AM in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for youor reply.

The dimensional mess was intentional as the dimensions were taken on site and are for my use only. They are used for hole center locations only.

I used a 17" wide (X 180" custom size) roll of paper to print the 146" stringer at a scale of 1:1. My intension was to take the print to site and confirm the hole locations for glass templates. The 146" printed to 145 1/4" which proved to be of no use to me on site. Shouldn't this dimension print true to 146" at a 1:1 scale in model space?

I did not use paper space as the prints are meant to be tempates for site use only, no title block needed.

Sorry, I couldn't open your file as I use AutoCAD 2009 LT. AutoCAD is only a drafting tool for me. I do not use many of it's features but it works fine for my needs.

Regards,

Terry

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)

12-14-2012 05:24 AM in reply to: terrywakeham
Ok, so you are trying to print 1:1 scale. I did not try it.
You did not mention what you are printing to (device) or driver being used: not every printer or plotter can do that, and those that do occasionally require calibration.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community