Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to PDF Background Color Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mharper90
599 Views, 3 Replies

Print to PDF Background Color Issue

I am trying to print some blueprints to PDF.  I am self taught, so maybe I'm not doing something right, but I hope that someone has a solution.  I created the building model in 3D and have now ripped it apart to create some plans.  I am printing them to PDF so that I can compile a single PDF later and print it out as a packet of information.  I am printing from the Model Space and in the Conceptial visual style.  The PDF looks great, but I can't seem to get it to print WITHOUT the marble-gray background.  I think the dimensions will be more visible without the background, and also the background is unnecessary and will use a TON of ink by the time I print all of these drawings.

Can anyone tell me how to print from the Model Space to a PDF with just a white background behind my 3D drawings?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: mharper90

perhaps changing the background color in OPtions... see attached image

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 3 of 4
mharper90
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Thanks.  I should have mentioned that I am using AutoCAD 2013 on a Mac.  My menus look very different from that.  I did find a similar option, but it didn't change the background on printing to PDF.  This problem forced me to learn how to use the Layouts, which in the past 24 hours I have grown to LOVE.  I just never had to learn them before, so I never left the model space.  Thanks for the idea though!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mharper90

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost