Did you mean: 

Plotting to Hp Designjet T1100ps Crashes Autocad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GeeHaa
1069 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting to Hp Designjet T1100ps Crashes Autocad

Hi,

We have an HP Designjet 1100ps plotter if I two single plots or batcthplot  it crashes AutoCAD with no error message. We are using windows7 with 64bit Processors. I treid it with AutoCAD 2010,2013,2014 and 2015 all with the same result. we are using the latest HPGL2 drivers.

If I convert to PDF and plot it doesn't have a problem. 

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: GeeHaa

So if you plot only one and wait for it to finish then plot a second, it does not crash?
Are you using a PC3 file or plotting directly to this HPGL2 Windows driver?
Does your T1100PS have any system ram or harddrive? Is the driver you are using set to spool files on the PC or push it all to the plotter?
Is your plotter "awake" when you plot or PUBLISH?
The T1100 is old, do you actually have Win7 drivers in place?

Read this (the unexplained behavior with autocad section): http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCache...
Message 3 of 4
GeeHaa
in reply to: pendean

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately now it crashes on any drawing I try to send. I haven't found out yet if it has an internal Hard drive (I think it does though), It crashes with both the system plotter and the PC3 file. It still prints a test page though. I've tried all the spooling options under printer properties -> advanced - Spool - print immediately - wait for last page - print directly to printer. I hve the Latest windows 7 drivers last updated sometime in 2012. I installed the utilites and they work.  Multiple sheet pdf's print fine.Yes the plotter is awake.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
cadraktiv
in reply to: GeeHaa

a) Do you have installed the Web-Interface of the plotter? There you can get a lot of information about Hard-disk and so on.  On the other hand you can go to the plotter and print all the configurations via the buttons on the plotter.
b) What happens if you "print to file" and send the plotfile to the plotter (via Webinterface or via other tools)? Is the problem still on PC or on plotter or is it gone?
c) What is the current firmware of the plotter? How to get the info: see a)
d) In my former company we had the same plotter. We had so many troubles with all  the "bi-directional and web and communicate gadgets", that we deactivated all of them. At least, we installed a HP1050 - driver and used it  in most cases (but this could be difficult in 64 bit)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost