Did you mean: 

Plotting and Publishing Lines that are Not in Drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sbrusco
922 Views, 4 Replies

Plotting and Publishing Lines that are Not in Drawing

Hi All,

I've searched these forums and found similar problems from AutoCAD < 2005, and I didn't see any solutions from even back then. I am experiencing what sounds like the same problem but with current software, AutoCAD 2014 and a KIP 7700 large format, black ink printer.

Problem:

We plot or publish a drawing, either model or paperspace, and some lines (stroke of a letter, extension line of a dim...) just extend across the paper. Sometimes only one line, but more ofter several lines on a drawnig. This happens on any drawing and it can plot good once then plot bad, there is no telling except that bad happens more than good.

I've deleted the printer and reinstalled it to no avail.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

TIA,

Sal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sbrusco

Does the problem occur if you plot to anything else?

See this tip as well: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/notifications/notifymoderatorpage/message-uid/4461139

Message 3 of 5
sbrusco
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

No. Other printer/copiers work fine.

I'm begining to think something boggered up my KIP driver. I'm just about to update the driver and see what happens.

I'll keep you all informed.

Sal

Message 4 of 5
go-digi
in reply to: sbrusco

Did you find a solution?

Message 5 of 5
sbrusco
in reply to: go-digi

Hi go-digi,

Solution? I don't know. But we installed the Kip (large format printer) drivers on a shared server and this problem went away. We're now battling other problems that didn't exist on our old OCE printer that we can't seem to over come with this Kip.

Ah yeah, the grand life of a CAD manager.

Sal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost