Printing and Plotting

Contributor
benniebadenhorst
Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)

Plotter out of memory

424 Views, 1 Replies
07-30-2012 06:21 AM

I'm trying to plot a pdf file that is approx 1MB. We have a HP designjet 500 plus, with 32MB of Ram. When I try to plot it though, The plotter displays a messag: 'Out of memory. Data Lost'. I unfortunately only have the PDF file. Is there any way for me to plot this file?

I tried to print it as a pdf by using a virtual pdf printer, but the end result is the same. 

Help please!

Distinguished Contributor
entropist
Message 2 of 2 (418 Views)

Re: Plotter out of memory

07-30-2012 11:24 AM in reply to: benniebadenhorst

I've never seen that message on our dj500 here at my office... not sure what might be different.

How are you connecting to the printer? Have you tried the other connection options?

Sometimes, for larger jobs, we will use the parallel port as opposed to letting the server be in the middle via the network; this seems to prevent dropped plot jobs. I'd avoid using USB, since it requires more computing resources on both ends of the cable. Good Luck!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community