Printing and Plotting

Contributor
tittlek
Message 1 of 1 (276 Views)

Plotter drop down list order

276 Views, 0 Replies
04-14-2011 09:01 AM

I realize that this topic has come up on this forum over the years. However I find it to be one of the most ridiculously stupid things about AutoCAD. 

Why the list doesn't appear in ANY logical order at all just baffles me. We have 11 different pc3 files at our office and it's so hard to find the one you want when choosing a plotter since the order is completely random. 

I've tried everything, including the suggestion of this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/Alphabetizing-List-of-Plotters/m-p/249223/highli...

which says if you copy the pc3 files back into your plotter directory they will show up in the order of creation. This is NOT true and doesn't work. No matter what order I create these files in, they always show up in the SAME completely random order. 

Are their really that few of us that care about this issue that Autodesk just keeps ignoring it? I'm not a programmer but I can't imagine alphabetizing a drop down list should take that many hours to fix. 

I might try posting this to the AUGI wish list forum as well. I mean come on, this is just plain old stupid. 

Sorry this post comes across as a rant, I am just completely baffled at this flaw. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community