Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot manager fail - ACA 2015

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Spaup20
2568 Views, 24 Replies

Plot manager fail - ACA 2015

I'm trying to set up my plotter in ACA 2015, which is a HP Designjet 1050c on windows 8.1 pro. I click on add a plotter wizard and get to the edit plotter configuration screen just fine. When I click the custom properties button I get the following error, "Function address 0x810356 caused a protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005)."

"The application Property sheet pages may not function properly"

I have not had any problems setting up any of our other printers in our office other than this one. I have both x64 and x86 drivers installed.

Any help on fixing this problem ASAP would be appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
pendean
in reply to: Spaup20

Can you plot directly to the Windows Sytem driver from 2015?
Can you print to the same driver from any other program installed on that PC?
Message 3 of 25
Spaup20

Not sure what you mean by windows system driver out of 2015?

My computer isn't the only one that has the same problem.  Our HP plotter prints fine from ACA 2014

Message 4 of 25
pendean

HP provides Windows drivers.
All software on your PC should be able to print to it like everything else.
AutOCAD 2015 (and 2014 and 2013 and 2012 etc.) can do the same: you've never had to "setup up" a printer or plotter unless you needed to create a sharable PC3 file (which you appear to not be doing).

So... Can you print from MSWord or PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobt to that plotter? If yes, can PLOT from 2015 to the plotter? Ensure you unchecked the box labelled HIDE SYSTEM PRINTERS found in OPTIONS command's PLOT Tab. If not, there seems to be an issue with HP drivers/AutoCAD and Win8.1, much like there was an issue with HP drivers/AutoCAD and Win7 back in the day that required HP to write new drivers.

I can plot to our HP1050c  Windows driver all day long, from AutoCAD 2015/Win7 Pro here.

ScreenShot001.png

Message 5 of 25
Spaup20

I can print to that plotter from every other program we've got, adobe, open office, ACA 2014, etc. The problem is I can't get this plotter set up in ACA 2015.  Like I said in my previous post, once I press the custom properties button the add-a-plotter wizard crashes with the error stated. Not sure where to go from here because if we can't print to that plotter we're SOL!

What difference does unchecking hide system printers make?

I tried to add a screen shot of what I'm talking about but it says it exceeds 100,000 characters.

Message 6 of 25
Spaup20

Sorry, I figured out what you meant by unchecking hide system printers.  I tried that and to no avail it doesn't print anything. I think an error popped up but it was so fast that I couldn't read it. We didn't have any problems setting up the plotter in ACA 2014 since we upgraded our computers to Windows 8.1 pro a couple of weeks ago.

Message 7 of 25
David_Knight

@Spaup20 wrote:

we upgraded our computers to Windows 8.1 pro a couple of weeks ago.

This...

According to HP's website the 1050c is NOT supported on windows 8 (or windows 8.1).

It's likely that this problem is tied to that.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03168175&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N4824

*edit

to clearify: 2015 printing may have changed in some way that makes it so using windows 7 drivers does not work, where 2014 was able to use them.

(I'm no guru, but that's my guess).

I suspect whomever decided to upgrade to windows 8.1 did not fully check the office for compatibility (or they got incorrect information).

Message 8 of 25
Spaup20

How do you explain using ACA 2014, on windows 8.1 pro, without any problems setting up or printing to our HP 1050c plotter? I have set up 9 different PC3 plotters in ACA 2014 to print with.

To me it's the same drivers, the only thing that's changed is the program!

Message 9 of 25
David_Knight

I don't disagree.  Printing would probably work fine on Win 7 using 2015.  I suspect you will find trouble getting reseller support since your printer is not supported on your current OS.  Calling Autodesk might be your next best step.

As a workaround I recommend printing to PDF using the "DWG To PDF" PC3 file.  Then print using Adobe Acrobat to the 1050c printer.

It's not ideal, but it should get you working while you search for a fix.

Message 10 of 25
pendean

Look around this forum: you are the third HP plotter user with 2015 and Win8.1 that can't plot. It would appear Autodesk and HP have a lot of work ahead while you use the suggested workaround (or AutoCAD 2014).
Message 11 of 25
Spaup20

Well I hope Autodesk sees this post and will do something about it. Obviously, I'm not the only one having the problems.  Like I said before, the only thing that has changed is ACA 2015.  And being able to print, without any problems, out of ACA 2014 on Windows 8.1 pro tells me it's more of an Autodesk error rather than a Microsoft or HP error.

We will continue to work out of 2014 until this is fixed, hopefully soon.

Message 12 of 25
pendean

Be sure to report this bug to Autodesk, posting here is not the best solution:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

If you are a subscription user, you can report through the Subscription Center as well (as in do it twice).

Message 13 of 25
Spaup20
in reply to: pendean

I have reported it in both places so hopefully they will do something soon. I know others are waiting for their response as well. I will post their response as soon as I get one.

Thanks for responding!

Steve

Message 14 of 25
alb01

I have also had the same problem using 2015, 1050C and win 8.1. It only started when they all came together. My 2014, 1050C win 8.1 combo works fine so it must be a bug in 2015. I wonder if it has anything to do with the missing horizontal scroll bar in 2015 😉

Message 15 of 25
ZoFf
in reply to: alb01

Same problem here. We have Autocad 2015 on windows 8.1 on two workstations and both of them crash when trying to customize HP DesignJet 1050c.

Message 16 of 25
alb01
in reply to: ZoFf

I did have a responce from tech support on this, basilly its a bug and its not fixed yet. How long till it gets fixed, who knows!!! All i will say is that its a major pain in the deri not being able to plot from 2015. and using 2014. Now just remind me why do we pay for the subscription upgrade again.

Message 17 of 25
rhmayo
in reply to: alb01

I'm having same problems with AutoCAD LT 2014 and ANY plotter...BUT...have just started a new file using their template, Tutorial-iArch.dwg, copied my work into that file and it doesn't crash...any feedback or suggestions?  Plotting directly from my work crashes AutoCAD every time.  Windows 8.1 problem, I'm guessing...

Message 18 of 25

Hi. I have the same problem with HP110plus nr

Message 19 of 25
rhmayo
in reply to: Thermogas-Subotica

I made some marginal progress.  I found that if I start a new file in 2014, and use the template, "tutorial-iArch", and pull my stuff into model space into that file, and hit print, CAD doesn't crash...but something's up with what used to be .ctb files...they're now .stb and so none of the line weights are right.  Soooo, we can't stick to the adage that, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"...THAT'S been changed, too...and I have to figure out the .ctb / .stb issue...although that may be an easy fix......?????  Can I send Autodesk an invoice for the time necessary to figure out all these issues?

Message 20 of 25
rhmayo
in reply to: rhmayo

more progress...more crashes...I found this website http://autocad-architecture-blog.com/how-to/autocad-plot-styles-ctb-stb/ then went to do the The AutoCAD Plot Style Manager option and the attached image resulted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost