Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLISH: NULL POINTER ERROR

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1163 Views, 6 Replies

PUBLISH: NULL POINTER ERROR

I've seen a lot about this but no solutions. What do you do when you want to PUBLISH (in this case, to a printer, not a .PDF), and some or all pages selected to publish won't print and give the error: ERROR: iNTERNAL ERROR: NULL POINTER?

I won't be able to post a copy of the file because it is for a client. But I've had this problem at other times, too.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster40
in reply to: Anonymous

can you print to that printer thru anything other than Acad?  I suspect a bad or stale printer setup on the O.S. and would question if anything else can print to it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster40

Dear Ampster,

Yes, and strangely enough, if I click each tab and go to each page in my file and print each page individually, I encounter no problems. It's just when I publish that I have this error.

Message 4 of 7
ampster40

Acad version and service pack level?

If you haven't, make sure Acad is up to date on SP's and any relevant hotfixes.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Did you find a solution to the Internal Error : Null Pointer problem ? Cause I have the same problem. I can't publish to printer, but there is no problem if I print each drawing separately.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Unfortunately, no. I did a lot of research but most of the solutions either didn't apply or I couldn't figure out. I think it ultimately has something to do with autospool settings, but I can't figure out how to adjust them.

The fastest workaround I found: publish to .pdf, then print the .pdf.

If the .pdf has problems with text or symbols in the CAD file, I set AutoCAD to the following (only has to be done once):

In AutoCAD, click “file tab” --> plotter manager --> select dwg to pdf.pc3 --> new window appears, in the “device and document settings” tab, double click the words “custom properties” --> a “custom properties” button appears, click it --> under Font Handling, click “capture all” --> click “okay”.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

How do I do that? Also, is SP a patch?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost