Printing and Plotting

buckpace
Message 1 of 4 (665 Views)

PDF underlay printing

665 Views, 3 Replies
10-30-2010 10:14 AM

I'm using ACAD2011 and a HP  DesignJet 500 plotter. We use PDF underlays of scanned charts, maps, etc in our cad plans and sometimes the PDFs will only partially plots even though the rest of the cad linework plots. We are using 2007 dwg file format to make files compatible with another program. I have monkeyed with the RASTERPERCENT and RASTERTHRESHHOLD variables but still same problem. Any Ideas?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (647 Views)

Re: PDF underlay printing

10-30-2010 07:19 PM in reply to: buckpace

When that happens next time, then as a test, plot to the same device but on a much smaller sheet size and see if the plot completes. Most likely it is a sign you've exceeded that device's ability to handle that quantity of information.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jesusdeurrutia
Message 3 of 4 (637 Views)

10-31-2010 11:54 AM in reply to: buckpace

Hi

Try this
In Plotter Configuration Editor> Graphics>True Type as Graphics

Jesús de Urrutia

E.T.S. Ingenieros de Caminos Canales y Puertos

Universidad de La Coruña

Distinguished Contributor
DaveDrahn
Message 4 of 4 (354 Views)

05-25-2011 09:02 AM in reply to: jesusdeurrutia

Wow, that worked for me with a similar issue.

Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community