Printing and Plotting

Distinguished Contributor
mdemers
Message 1 of 3 (50 Views)

Mysterious CTB problem

50 Views, 2 Replies
11-05-2006 07:03 PM
We have both a Xerox Workcentre pro 40 and a Xerox workcentrepro c3545. A few weeks ago the server was updated so the printer drivers were reloaded renamed and updated. So I had to re-create a new PC3 file for both printers but did nothing to the CTB file. Now the colors on both printers are very different from before, even though I did nothing to the CTB file (half the colors too light, half the colors too dark).

I can adjust the CTB but I really don't understand why I would have to. I've re-created PC3 files before and not had any problems with the CTB.

Does anyone know what would be causing this, or what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Canon
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: Mysterious CTB problem

11-05-2006 07:45 PM in reply to: mdemers
The 'updated' drivers changed the colors on you, it has nothing to do
with your old CTB files.

If you want everything to say as old, find and install the old
drivers.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Distinguished Contributor
mdemers
Message 3 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: Mysterious CTB problem

11-09-2006 07:05 AM in reply to: mdemers
Dean

Thanks for the reply. I have accepted the fact that my colors will be slightly different with the new drivers (We cannot load the old ones). So I have to work with what I have.

The problem now is that I can only print solids. Dotted hatching or Ar-Sand will not show up at all even if I change the CTB to "Use object color" to black. This is not a scale issue its very weird. Dither, greyscale, adaptive are off, pen # vitual pen # are set to Automatic, and the rest of the items are "use object...".

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm starting to take some heat for this problem that I cannot resolve.

Thanks in advance

Canon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community