Printing and Plotting

Distinguished Contributor
neeboy74
Message 1 of 5 (295 Views)

My print-to-PDF's are NOT the same size as printing the drawing!

295 Views, 4 Replies
01-31-2012 01:55 PM

I just discovered that when I try to print drawings as PDF's using ACAD 2012, the drawings are all coming out incorrectly: 1/2 cm short of what they should print correctly as.  Printing a straight drawing file works OK, but why the incorrect PDF sizes??

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (285 Views)

Re: My print-to-PDF's are NOT the same size as printing the drawing!

02-01-2012 05:22 AM in reply to: neeboy74

How do you know the PDFs are shorter? What is your test method? And what PDF viewer are you using?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
terence.duggan1910
Message 3 of 5 (258 Views)

02-17-2012 12:45 AM in reply to: neeboy74

Yes this is the same for me. I have Autoca 2007 and when I print to my plotter or desktop printer the printing is ok, but when I print DWG to PDF it is not right, it has moved to one side , is cut off at the top etc. Hope someone can help.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 5 (253 Views)

02-17-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: terence.duggan1910

The PDF driver and the Printer driver are treating the drawing area differently.

I suspect shortcomings of the software on both ends or no industry standards as to how to handle margins and paper sizes.

In my own case I've placed the viewport in such a spot as it is equally off both when plotting to the printer or plotting to DWG to PDF.

In the bottom left of the Page Setup you can change the Plot Offset for that Layout if need be.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 5 of 5 (227 Views)

02-29-2012 04:57 PM in reply to: neeboy74

I agree that this is probably a print area issue in switching between plot drivers. I am wondering too if maybe there is something wrong with the page setup. Try creating a new page setup to see if the issue goes away.

Do you have a test drawing that I might look at?

Bryce Thelin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community