Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-sheet plotting to smaller paper size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
641 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-sheet plotting to smaller paper size

This is an issue for which no one in my office has any solution.  We create all of our plan sets on E1 size paper. However, when we plot them for redlines we print to C-size to save paper. I know you can "publish selected layouts" to plot numerous tabs at a time. However, I am unable to figure out how to make them plot to a smaller size paper than what the page is set up for. Is there a way to plot all of the tabs at a smaller scale without plotting each tab individually?

We just recently upgraded to AutoCad 2014.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to use a predefined pagesetup, from a template file: do you have one ready for the smaller size?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

We do not. Though, my AutoCad skills are definitely limited to the things I do on a regular basis so that is out of my realm of understanding. Please excuse my lack of knowledge!

We do use a template that is set up soley for printing to E1. If that is any bit of information that makes sense..

Message 4 of 4
pendean

1. You need a set up solely for the smaller sheet size: can be in the same template file as the E1.
2. In your template file you use PAGESETUP command's NEW button to create what are called 'Named Page Setups'. You create each one based on the settings you already have (in your case one for the E1 and one for this new C size).
3. Do NOT ignore things like scale, what to plot and other things when creating the C sized 'named page setup'. You do this when you plot to the smaller size so do it here too.
4. Start PUBLISH command, select all of your layouts.
5. Click on the Page Setup column's <default:None> entry and pick the C sized 'named page setup' you created.
6. PUBLISH.

If the C size is cut off or skewed you ignored setting up the scale, what-to-plot and other parameters that make a large seheet fit correctly on a smaller sheet.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost