Did you mean: 

Mtext background mask and screening

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
fieldguy
6318 Views, 6 Replies

Mtext background mask and screening

I would like someone to test this for me please.  I use Civil3D 2012 but I think this is a generic issue and want to know if it is fixed in Autocad 2014.  

We use color 51 for a hatch and want to use mtext with a background mask the same color.  We use a ctb with a 50% screen on color 51.  The screen works fine for the hatch but ignores the mtext background (see attached).

Before I escalate the issue, would someone be so kind as to test this in 2014 for me please?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: fieldguy

Seems to have not changed much.
Message 3 of 7
fieldguy
in reply to: pendean

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
clindner
in reply to: fieldguy

As of 2015, this is still unsolved. We're having the problem in 2014, but it's behaving the same 2015.

The best explanation I've found so far is here. (unfortunately no solution is provided)

One factor that seems to be agreed on: the "lines merge" plot setting seems to be a requirement for the masking to plot properly.

There seem to be a few issues here:

• text masking in mtext, mleaders & dims, having the same color as other geometry, doesn't plot the same. They ignore the mapping assignments CTB file and just appear with the assigned color (in a PDF or DWF). The image below shows how the solid hatch (color 120) & mleader text mask (also 120) appear in the drawing. 

MLeaderMask in dwg.png

The next image shows how it appears in the plot preview as well as in a DWF (via DWF6 ePlot.pc3) or PDF (via DWG to PDF.pc3). MleaderMask in preview.png

• To make things more interesting, the plotted results weren't consistent. Some of the mleaders plotted in color, other plotted as a black box, and some appeared to have a mind of their own (partially masked, or masked with different colors & shades).

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.01.24_16h08m29s_013_.pngAshampoo_Snap_2015.01.24_16h12m59s_014_.png

• We determined that on one layout tab, the width of the mleader's mtext box would impact the results! Once it got past a certain width, the mask would turn black. In the image below (screenshot from a DWF), I copied an mleader 8x and changed the width of the text box. As you can see, after a certain width, the mask turns black. Oddly, on other layout tabs within the same drawing (with the same anno scale), other mleaders were uneffected by a wider text box. (Note: all MLeaders are actually in modelspace) 

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.01.24_15h57m00s_011_.png

I've attached the drawing if you want to poke around in it.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Chris Lindner
CAD Technology Consultant @ onebuttoncad.com
AUGI Board of Directors

Message 5 of 7
clindner
in reply to: clindner

Note: the drawing should open in the correct location for the first two images (on layout "A0810b"). The remaining references are from layout "A0810c". Image #3 is on detail "J-2A" (Also, I just noticed that the drawing I uploaded doesn't have the masking in the dimstyle.) . Image #4 is on section "A". Image #4 is on section "E". Thanks!

Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Chris Lindner
CAD Technology Consultant @ onebuttoncad.com
AUGI Board of Directors

Message 6 of 7
patrick.shorey
in reply to: clindner

still an issue in 2021....

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: patrick.shorey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost