Printing and Plotting

greatfish
Message 1 of 3 (133 Views)

Issue Plotting to PDF, plots previous drawing open, not active drawing

133 Views, 2 Replies
02-24-2009 02:51 PM
The problem is random and I can't force a duplication of the issue (which is always annoying), but this is what takes place.

Windows XP Pro - Fresh restart...

Open AutoCAD 2007 --> Open drawing 1 --> Plot drawing 1 using PDF995 --> Select ARCH E (48"x36" size) --> Click preview --> verify drawing 1 is displayed --> Click 'Plot' --> Save PDF of drawing 1 (auto-populates drawing 1 name as pdf save as) --> save & close drawing 1 --> Open drawing 2 --> Plot drawing 2 using PDF995 --> Select ARCH E (48"x36" size) --> Click preview --> verify drawing 2 is displayed --> Click 'Plot' --> ..... This is when the problem takes place...

The 'Save As' dialog box displays drawing 1, rather then drawing 2. Regardless of changing the name to drawing 2 or leaving it as drawing 1, it always plots as drawing 1. If I cancel the Save As, then cancel the plot... and follow the steps again to plot, it works just fine. However, it will happen the same way on the very next drawing (i.e. close drawing 2, open drawing 3).

This takes place when saving both to a server and locally. It also will just suddenly stop causing problems, as in, will happen for 2 straight hours, then suddenly it will stop causing problems and plots correctly. Even multiple system restarts does not correct the problem.

I have checked the server logs, PC event logs, and the drawing history files... all of which do not show any odd pattern or issues.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
brantilla
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Issue Plotting to PDF, plots previous drawing open, not active drawing

06-16-2009 08:29 AM in reply to: greatfish
I'm having the same problem, it started after I tried using publish for PDF creating, now everytime I plot it plots the previously opened/plotted drawing.

Is there something in "publish" that may have messed this up?
**Master
dmfrazier
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Issue Plotting to PDF, plots previous drawing open, not active drawing

06-16-2009 10:36 AM in reply to: greatfish
Does this only happen when using the PDF995 driver? If so, have you looked for an updated driver?

If an update isn't available, try uninstalling and re-installing the driver.

(Or maybe it's time to look for an alternative PDF driver!)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community