Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error: Fill 1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smacdonald
2822 Views, 5 Replies

Internal Error: Fill 1

My office is having a problem publishing files. We have about 28 files/sheets per job that we would previously publish using AutoCad Architecture 2010 without any problem. Now that we are on 2013 the program fails about halfway through every time giving the "Internal Error: Fill 1" error and closing AutoCad. All files plot normally when we plot file by file, but this is cumbersome and a waste of time.

My office uses AtoCad Architecture 2013.

We all have HP Z820 Workstations with Intel Xeon 2.3GHz processors and 16GB of RAM or better.

We are working off of a 64-bit Windows 7 operating system.

Somewhere on some forum one of my coworkers found that it is apparently either x-refs that are being clipped or PDF's that are referenced in the drawings that is causing the crash. Either way there has to be a fix to this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: smacdonald

So this exact same set of drawings publish with no issues in 2010?
What are you publishing to (plotter/driver etc.)?

Perhaps it's a xclipped reference, like this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007-2008-2009-DWG/Internal-Error-Fill-1/m-p/3419985#M32217

Message 3 of 6
smacdonald
in reply to: pendean

The drawings are all produced off of the same set of prototype drawings. Not the same exact drawings but a lot of the same information, blocks, x-refs, ect.

We are plotting to Adobe PDF. "Adobe PDF Converter - Windows System Driver - by Autodesk"

The system variables set in the publish dialog box are as follows:

Sheet List: None

Publish to: PDF

Precision: None

Open in viewer when done checked

Default output location (plot to file):

General DWF/PDF options:

File type: Single-sheet file

Naming: N/A

Layer information: Don't include

Merge control: Lines overwrite

General DWF/PDF options:

Password protection: Disabled

Block information: Don't include

AEC property set data: Don't include

AEC automatic properties: Don't include

3D DWF options:

AEC Group Individual Objects By: Object Type and Style

If I have not listed something I apologize, I tried to list everything that I have checked or selected. If I have not listed something it was because it wasn't checked or I missed it.

Before publishing I select all of the sheets to be published and override the page setup to the same Page setup that I use when plotting.

Message 4 of 6
smacdonald

Sorry I meant to reply to your other comment as well.  I saw that post earlier, and we do have many clipped x-refs in our elevation sheets.  I would turn them all off but that wuld make a mess of the files.  Our office standard is to keep the plan under the elevation at all times incase there are client dirven changes (that happen often).  If we do not clip the x-referenced plans the drawings would be all over the place.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: smacdonald

Retread that last post for tips/workaround they found: the problem lies with xclipping and there is no other workaround.
Message 6 of 6
Topher5000

I just had this problem using C3D 2013 & I figured I'd answer in case someone else has it happen.

I was trying to plot one PS layout using the DWG2PDF plot driver when it happened.  I tried using Cute PDF writer & it worked, so it may be a plot driver problem.  I've had other problems using DWG2PDF, so I try to avoid using it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost