Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half-size print on full size sheet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jggerth1
3459 Views, 1 Reply

Half-size print on full size sheet

This one has me puzzled....  the company is finally deploying 2014 (yes, i know....), and I'm getting some bizare plotting results on drawings that plotted fine in 2011.  The plotter is an HP DJ 2300, with 36" wide paper in Roll 1, and 34" Paper in Roll 2.  PC3 files are set up to use the different rolls for Arch D and Ansi D plots, and I'm using Names Page Setups.  PREVIEW in AutoCAD looks absolutely correct.

If I print an Ansi D plot, scale of 1:1, the hardcopy gives me a half-size print, in the upper left corner of the 22x34 sheet that comes out of the plotter.

If I hit the toggle in Plotter Advanced Properties to Preview in the Plotter, and then plot, A browser window will pop up and after a few minutes, the preview in the plotter will come up, and display as expected, eg the print occupies the entire 22x34 sheet.  Letting the plotter continue, and all is good -- I get a full size plot on the 22x34 paper.

Nothing else changed.

Now while that's a bandaid and good enough for a single plot, it makes Publishing a set of drawings rather problematic - with every sheet sent to the plotter opening a new browser window/tab and wating until I hit 'Continue' in the browser window.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mgouveia
in reply to: jggerth1

We are on AutoCAD 2013 and just updated to the newest HPGL Driver for an HP T2500.  Getting the same results as you. Everything looks correct in the previews, but then prints half-scale but with a full sized sheet with a lot of white space. Don't have a solution, but see the person's rescommendation in the following post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/Plotting-to-HP-now-scales-by-50/td-p/4313039

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost