Printing and Plotting

Reply
*Battle, Ervin
Message 1 of 8 (96 Views)

HP1055CM won't load mylar?

96 Views, 7 Replies
11-19-2003 09:32 PM
Good morning,

For some reason our HP plotter won't load mylar anymore. The
paper looks aligned correctly but it still gives a misalignment error.
any ideas what the problem may be? it loads bond without a problem.

ervin
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 2 of 8 (96 Views)

Re: HP1055CM won't load mylar?

11-19-2003 10:36 PM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
Who's mylar?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
*Battle, Ervin
Message 3 of 8 (96 Views)

Re:

11-19-2003 10:41 PM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
we odered it through B.L. Makepeace up here in boston


ervin


"Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
news:f19efa8.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Who's mylar?
>
> --
> Dean Saadallah
> Add-on products for LT
> http://www.pendean.com/lt
> --
>
>
*Berning, Tom
Message 4 of 8 (96 Views)

Re:

11-19-2003 11:09 PM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
It sounds like the edge detect component needs either cleaning or replacing.
We had this done a couple years ago on our 755CM plotter. We has a service
contract on our plotter, so we just called HP Support for a service call.

"Ervin Battle" wrote in message
news:F9F28E4772E6E2B894315812F873E8AC@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> we odered it through B.L. Makepeace up here in boston
>
>
> ervin
>
>
> "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
> news:f19efa8.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Who's mylar?
> >
> > --
> > Dean Saadallah
> > Add-on products for LT
> > http://www.pendean.com/lt
> > --
> >
> >
>
>
*Battle, Ervin
Message 5 of 8 (96 Views)

Re:

11-19-2003 11:15 PM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
I thought that might be the problem, but they don't want to come out and
look at it mainly because we are using a third paper paper. Do you know if
hp's mylar is much more expensive than your typical third party?


ervin


"Tom Berning" wrote in message
news:3D0BC0D84D2403BA6EBDCE30296E53E5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> It sounds like the edge detect component needs either cleaning or
replacing.
> We had this done a couple years ago on our 755CM plotter. We has a service
> contract on our plotter, so we just called HP Support for a service call.
>
> "Ervin Battle" wrote in message
> news:F9F28E4772E6E2B894315812F873E8AC@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > we odered it through B.L. Makepeace up here in boston
> >
> >
> > ervin
> >
> >
> > "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
> > news:f19efa8.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Who's mylar?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dean Saadallah
> > > Add-on products for LT
> > > http://www.pendean.com/lt
> > > --
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*NOrmeicho[at]SPAMg-o.com
Message 6 of 8 (96 Views)

Re: HP1055CM won't load mylar?

11-20-2003 01:12 AM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
Had this problem on an old HP600 a few years back. Had same response
from hp since we also us a third party mylar product. The initial fix
was to clean the sensor (on the ink carriage) and the edge of paper area
in the ink spray zone (actuall the whole length of the spary zone). The
sensor needed to see lots of contrast to pick up the media and with a
lot of ink over spray couldn't tell the difference. The second fix at a
later date was to get a new sensor installed.

Ron Meicho

Ervin Battle wrote:

>Good morning,
>
>For some reason our HP plotter won't load mylar anymore. The
>paper looks aligned correctly but it still gives a misalignment error.
>any ideas what the problem may be? it loads bond without a problem.
>
>ervin
>
>
>
>
*Inc.], Bud Schroeder [Autodesk
Message 7 of 8 (96 Views)

Re:

11-20-2003 10:37 PM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
Hi Ervin,

You can check out HP's media at this link.

http://www.designjet.hp.com/supplies/home.html

If you put HP Media in it and you still get the error I would call in again.
They will send a tech out them. What happens is the sensor can not see the
paper and so it won't load it. Another trick is to put some drafting tape
or something like that along the edge and the sensor will reflect off the
tape and except the paper.

Hope this helps.

Bud

"Ervin Battle" wrote in message
news:356141E13EBE0FE9AA2B70970271A6B3@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I thought that might be the problem, but they don't want to come out and
> look at it mainly because we are using a third paper paper. Do you know
if
> hp's mylar is much more expensive than your typical third party?
>
>
> ervin
>
>
> "Tom Berning" wrote in message
> news:3D0BC0D84D2403BA6EBDCE30296E53E5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > It sounds like the edge detect component needs either cleaning or
> replacing.
> > We had this done a couple years ago on our 755CM plotter. We has a
service
> > contract on our plotter, so we just called HP Support for a service
call.
> >
> > "Ervin Battle" wrote in message
> > news:F9F28E4772E6E2B894315812F873E8AC@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > we odered it through B.L. Makepeace up here in boston
> > >
> > >
> > > ervin
> > >
> > >
> > > "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
> > > news:f19efa8.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > Who's mylar?
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Dean Saadallah
> > > > Add-on products for LT
> > > > http://www.pendean.com/lt
> > > > --
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 8 of 8 (96 Views)

Re:

11-21-2003 12:34 AM in reply to: *Battle, Ervin
I always keep a roll of each HP paper type exclusively for technician
gratification when I have a problem. Works great.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community