Printing and Plotting

Reply
*g., matthew
Message 11 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 09:56 AM in reply to: *bobby
We just bought one and the paper catcher is OK but definitely could be
better, the first one or two will end up in a bundle at the bottom of the
bin and then the rest will lay over the top of the bin the way they all
should.

matthew g.

"William J Wright" wrote in message
news:A0816E6CE1E5EC9BC371322F3ED58A8D@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Dave
>
> You will hear this a lot... The paper catcher does not work well.
>
> Other than that, I have not had any problems.
>
> Bill
>
> "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Hi All,
> I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
TCP/IP
> LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
this
> plotter/setup?
>
> thanks,
> dave.ddp
>
*Grandmaison, Robert
Message 12 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 10:21 AM in reply to: *bobby
Bud,
They sent me a beta paper catcher. Doesn't work. Still had to modify it to
make it work! : (

Robert

"Bud Schroeder" wrote in message
news:3A10C1A9.E3E1657D@sonic.net...
> Hi Bill and Dave,
>
> Actually the new units ship with a different paper catcher. But I would
take a
> look at the 800ps as well. The paper catcher works GREAT on that one and
it
> does killer RASTER images. It's at least worth a look.
>
> Take care.
>
> Bud
>
> William J Wright wrote:
>
> > Dave
> >
> > You will hear this a lot... The paper catcher does not work well.
> >
> > Other than that, I have not had any problems.
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> > news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Hi All,
> > I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
TCP/IP
> > LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
this
> > plotter/setup?
> >
> > thanks,
> > dave.ddp
>
*Schroeder, Bud
Message 13 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 10:55 AM in reply to: *bobby
We run 36" paper in our 800ps, so that's not really a problem;-)... What is
nice, is that you can add 42" paper if you want. Now the 5000ps is a 60"
role;-)... Too bad I did not have it when I was doing all those maps for the
Power Utility I worked for;-)

Take care.

Bud

William Berry wrote:

> Is there any reason that you cannot use 36" paper on the 42" spindle?
>
> Dave Jones wrote in message
> news:201FCF3F2572314F165B1D5FA96DD86F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Is the "new" paper catcher just "new" or did they fix the darned thing?
> I've
> > been suffering through plots on the floor for 7 years of HP600/HP700 :smileyhappy:
> >
> > I did check out the 800PS. It's interesting that it only comes in 24" or
> 42"
> > widths, no 36". As 99.9% of our plotting is monochrome linework D size
> > drawings not requiring high res, I think I'll stick with the 1050C.
> > Especially if they fixed the darned paper catcher :smileywink:
> >
> > dave.ddp
> >
> > "Bud Schroeder" wrote in message
> > news:3A10C1A9.E3E1657D@sonic.net...
> > > Hi Bill and Dave,
> > >
> > > Actually the new units ship with a different paper catcher. But I would
> > take a
> > > look at the 800ps as well. The paper catcher works GREAT on that one
> and
> > it
> > > does killer RASTER images. It's at least worth a look.
> > >
> > > Take care.
> > >
> > > Bud
> > >
> > > William J Wright wrote:
> > >
> > > > Dave
> > > >
> > > > You will hear this a lot... The paper catcher does not work well.
> > > >
> > > > Other than that, I have not had any problems.
> > > >
> > > > Bill
> > > >
> > > > "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> > > > news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > > Hi All,
> > > > I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
> > TCP/IP
> > > > LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
> > this
> > > > plotter/setup?
> > > >
> > > > thanks,
> > > > dave.ddp
> > >
> >
*Schroeder, Bud
Message 14 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 10:58 AM in reply to: *bobby
Hey Robert,

At least they are admitting there is a new paper catcher now. Does it look
like the one on the 800, or is it the 700/750c catcher?

Thanks.

Bud

Robert Grandmaison wrote:

> Bud,
> They sent me a beta paper catcher. Doesn't work. Still had to modify it to
> make it work! : (
>
> Robert
>
> "Bud Schroeder" wrote in message
> news:3A10C1A9.E3E1657D@sonic.net...
> > Hi Bill and Dave,
> >
> > Actually the new units ship with a different paper catcher. But I would
> take a
> > look at the 800ps as well. The paper catcher works GREAT on that one and
> it
> > does killer RASTER images. It's at least worth a look.
> >
> > Take care.
> >
> > Bud
> >
> > William J Wright wrote:
> >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > > You will hear this a lot... The paper catcher does not work well.
> > >
> > > Other than that, I have not had any problems.
> > >
> > > Bill
> > >
> > > "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> > > news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > Hi All,
> > > I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
> TCP/IP
> > > LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
> this
> > > plotter/setup?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > dave.ddp
> >
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 15 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 11:44 AM in reply to: *bobby
Robert,

Nice letter to the Cadalyst editor on the HP 1050 in the December 200 issue
.

-Shaan

"Robert Grandmaison" wrote in message
news:CE073B4CF61DE0D02D04659EC52AA141@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Bud,
> They sent me a beta paper catcher. Doesn't work. Still had to modify it to
> make it work! : (
>
> Robert
>
*Grandmaison, Robert
Message 16 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-14-2000 02:40 PM in reply to: *bobby
Uh oh...haven't received that copy yet!

Should I be checking who's walking behind me in crowded venues?

Robert

"Shaan Hurley" wrote in message
news:379A8BDF50E9A8EABE2B8D9E5B5F5586@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Robert,
>
> Nice letter to the Cadalyst editor on the HP 1050 in the December 200
issue
> .
>
> -Shaan
>
> "Robert Grandmaison" wrote in message
> news:CE073B4CF61DE0D02D04659EC52AA141@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Bud,
> > They sent me a beta paper catcher. Doesn't work. Still had to modify it
to
> > make it work! : (
> >
> > Robert
> >
>
>
*MARAND, Frederic G.
Message 17 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

11-27-2000 05:53 PM in reply to: *bobby
We have a problem, not with the paper catcher, but with the plotting driver.
Printing through Windows works with restrictions, but trying to use the
Autocad (R14) latest incarnations of the plotter driver (the 3 last ones,
actually) cause a PLHPGL2.DLL error that prevents anyone on the network from
printing. We have to use the obsolete 7600 plotter driver which works fine,
but only knows about what an old 7600 could do. Silly but true.

matthew g. a écrit dans le message :
63335B55E35C94CDDB49E1C19D6DEC5B@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> We just bought one and the paper catcher is OK but definitely could be
> better, the first one or two will end up in a bundle at the bottom of the
> bin and then the rest will lay over the top of the bin the way they all
> should.
>
> matthew g.
>
> "William J Wright" wrote in message
> news:A0816E6CE1E5EC9BC371322F3ED58A8D@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Dave
> >
> > You will hear this a lot... The paper catcher does not work well.
> >
> > Other than that, I have not had any problems.
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> > news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Hi All,
> > I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
> TCP/IP
> > LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
> this
> > plotter/setup?
> >
> > thanks,
> > dave.ddp
> >
>
*McKinney, Louis
Message 18 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

12-19-2000 10:49 AM in reply to: *bobby
Never could get the built in JetDirect? to work with W2000.

"Dave Jones" wrote in message
news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Hi All,
> I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
TCP/IP
> LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
this
> plotter/setup?
>
> thanks,
> dave.ddp
>
*Jones, Dave
Message 19 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

12-19-2000 10:50 PM in reply to: *bobby
well, thanks Louis...this fits in the category of "NOW you TELL me" as my
1050C is being delivered today and will be expected to work from its
JetDirect port to a Win2K network. I guess we'll see how good my HP tech is,
huh? :smileyhappy:

dave.ddp

"Louis McKinney" wrote in message
news:2D0682F216D797B059B81C0F8D541649@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Never could get the built in JetDirect? to work with W2000.
>
> "Dave Jones" wrote in message
> news:EF6958458DD7685BFF3196A5A9ADAF8F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Hi All,
> > I'm about to purchase an HP1050C plotter. It will be setup on a Win2K
> TCP/IP
> > LAN and plots will come from A2Ki. Does anyone have any problems using
> this
> > plotter/setup?
> >
> > thanks,
> > dave.ddp
> >
>
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 20 of 22 (34 Views)

Re:

12-20-2000 01:11 AM in reply to: *bobby
Dave,

Don't sweat it as it works just fine on Windows 2000. We have setup a 800ps,
the 5000ps, the 8500 Color LaserJet, the 1055cm on Windows 2000 server. It
sounds like Louis has a configuration problem where it is just not being
resolved in his network. I would sugggest Louis to look at the configuration
and if he has questions, check out the HP web boards
http://forum.support.hp.com.

Sincerely,

Shaan Hurley
Autodesk Beta Programs
http://betaprograms.autodesk.com
(not a T5er)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community