Custom printing.How?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
499 Views, 4 Replies

Custom printing.How?

Hi Guys
Can AutoCAD print co-ordinate points of an area (top left, bottom right) either from a file or from an icon directly to a printer?

Can any one give me some examples or a link of possible code I can use. Thanks!
Appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Regards Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

print coordinate points?
Message 3 of 5
ScottHodges

Print a window using the top left and bottom right coordinates as the window ? Or use coordinates just outside this window to print everything included. Just guessing at what you are trying to acheive
Message 4 of 5
cncah

Are you wanting to run the plotting as a macro? I recently had to write several different macros to run inside a drawing that had several different groups of models in one single dwg file. I didn't want to manually window every set of entities and plot because it would have taken forever. What you can do it use a macro button, and in the macro, use the -plot command, answer y; then go through the motions of answering all the questions that you would normally have to answer if entering those commands in at the command line. As long as you know the exact X and Y coordinates, you can plot and repeat, as many times as you want. I would suggest just sitting down with a piece of paper and write down verbatum what you enter at the command line to get the desired plot that you want and write a macro for it. Remember to use -plot as the command so that the dialog box will be suppressed when the plot aommand starts. The key to productivity is using the least amount of mouse clicks possible.

Message 5 of 5
cncah

Rick,

I recently had to consult a different thread on how to do the window plot automatically in AutoLisp. Henrique hooked me up with a program that will window, plot, offset a certain distance that you specify, plot, and keep going until there are no more entities to select. I had all my objects that I wanted to plot aligned going straight up in the Y axis. This way I only have to offset the window coordinates in Y and leave the X variables the same throughout the program. If you prefer to run an AutoLisp program over a macro try using this file and edit the X and Y coordinates as you need them. It makes editing the routine much easier in the future rather than having to edit a very long winded macro like I was going to have to do. The X1 and Y1 are the lower left corner of the plot window. The X2 and Y2 are the upper right corner of the plot window. And the YM variable is the distance that I want to offset that plot window in the Y axis. If you need to offset the X axis, then you will need to modify this program a bit more to account for that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost