deepakpuri
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

CTB vs By Layer

86 Views, 3 Replies
06-28-2012 09:31 PM

I am trying to plot by following two options

1. Giving LineWt & colors to Layers

2. setting LineWt in ctb

Result in both cases is different , why is it so,although the LineWt is same in both the cases

Regards

Deepak

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)

Re: CTB vs By Layer

06-29-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: deepakpuri

Start HELP and look for two pages (use search) titled:

Overview of Lineweights
Control Lineweights

and explore the sub-topic offered on each of those pages and on the sidebar list that appears.

They explain LWEIGHT and plot style tables as a screen-only unreliable display (and rounding based on plotter/printer abilities) vs. real-world width settings (a third option you may wish to explore).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
deepakpuri
Message 3 of 4 (74 Views)

06-30-2012 05:24 AM in reply to: pendean

Sir, I have read most of the posts but my question is still not answered.

Would request you to answer the same ?

As I hv understood pen settings are different from Linewt settings ? but then how would I come to know what is going to be the output(print/plot) when working with CTB ??

Regards

Deepak

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

07-02-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: deepakpuri

What industry are you in?
How critical is an actual line width on a print to your customer/contractor?

How long have you used AutoCAD in your field? Have you had any formal training for printing output in your field with AutoCAD? Are you the only AutoCAD user at your company? I ask these last question because you are now asking about exact needs that work only for you, so you need to share more information instead of asking questions (hope that makes sense).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community