Printing and Plotting

Message 1 of 1 (35 Views)

Batch Plotting different sizes

35 Views, 0 Replies
07-03-2001 03:28 AM
App.: AutoCAD 2000
: AutoCAD 2000 Batch Plot Utility

I recently started using Batch Plot. I would create a Page Setup name in one of my dwg's and in
Batch Plot point all the other drawings to the file with the Page Setup name. This worked perfectly
for me because all of the dwg's are exactly the same size. My co-workers now are insisting I make it
work for them, too.

I tried a small test batch and it was a disaster. Only the dwg with the Page Setup worked. The other
two that I included in the batch were vastly different sizes; i.e. the limits can range from a few inches
to several hundred feet.

I tried to work around this problem by having all dwg's having a view name "ALL." I set Plot Scale to
"Scaled to Fit." I hoped (expected) Batch Plotting would use the view defined in each dwg to
recalculate the "to Fit" before plotting. Apparently, the view area defined in the source file as well as
its associated scaling calculations were the values that were used.

Is there anyway to batch plot a collection of dwg's with varying sizes (areas) to be rescaled onto a
D-size piece of paper using only one Page Setup reference in the Batch Plot Utility? I know
I could do this by having each dwg having its own Page Setup but the dwg's frequently expand or
shrink (not to mention duplications for new dwg's) and I can see this becoming a nightmare with much
wasted paper. A single Page Setup would be so much better!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community