Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical and HP 5100 Printer Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jblaser
792 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical and HP 5100 Printer Error

I have AutoCAD Electrical 2012 and I have multiple printers set up on the network via Windows 7 64 bit.  All of the printers work ok except for a HP LaserJet 5100tn.  I can print to this printer ok if I select the paper size to be 'Letter', but if I pick the paper size '11x17', even when doing just a preview of the print, it causes AutoCAD Electrical to stop working with the message 'AutoCAD Application has stopped working - Windows is checking for a solution to the problem' and this is followed by the message window, 'AutoCAD Application has stoped working - A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availabale.' and all is available is a button that says 'Close the program'.

I can print to other printers with no issue and I can print to Letter size (8.5x11), but not to 11x17.

Are there any suggestions that can make this work?

To add the printer, I went through the Windows 'Add a printer/device' and I installed the printer.  I have verified that the printer driver is the latest driver available from HP, so I don't think it is a driver issue, I think it is a setting some where that is causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

John Blaser

jblaser@controlflow.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jblaser

This was solved back in the days when Win7 was new: install and use HP's Universal Printer Driver for your HP device. Nothing else works and WIndows 'add a printer' has no clue where to get it.

Go to www.hp.com and seek it out.
Message 3 of 3
bryce.thelin
in reply to: jblaser

Here is the link to the driver which should work for you:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=4157320

AutoCAD does best with non-PostScript drivers, so try the PCL5 driver first.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost