AutoCAD 2014 won't print to new Plotter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mschuler
1486 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 won't print to new Plotter

Hello,

I work for a school district and we replaced the CAD Lab plotter with a New HP DesignJet T520 36in.  It is installed on a network print server and the Plotter is applied to all Lab PC's by Group Policy.  The problem is that all other applications can print to it except AutoCAD.  We do receive an error that states:

None: This Plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted.

My first thought was that it was the old files created when the old plotter was installed, but the instructor created a new drawing and tried it again with still no luck.  Does anybody have any thoughts? Thank you!

Regards,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: mschuler

So you actively opened a DWG file, started PAGESETUP command, set it up to plot to the same system driver the other application can print to (not a pc3 file), and then started PLOT command and received this error?
Message 3 of 3
mschuler
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.  I ended up deleting the printer off the printer server and rebuilding the print queue.  That fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost