ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Auto publish save path broken-ish

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GilesPhillips
405 Views, 1 Reply

Auto publish save path broken-ish

I posted this years ago and didn't get a particularly useful response. So I'll try again with a bit more information..

I'm trying to use auto publish on save to a location that is relative to the working drawing file location: "../tranmittals/current issue"

The default options available to me are no use- the only relative path is a subfolder in the drawing folder which is no use to me, the location has to be as above.

Previously I asked if there was a registry entry or a sysvar I could maul, well it turns out there is:

.....\profiles\autoCAD\Dialogs\ACAutoPublishOpts Location

I can input my preferred location into this key and it seems to work, as when I return to the autopublish dialogue in autocad the path is correct, i.e. ../tranmittals/current issue

The problem now is when it comes to publish time, Autocad fails to parse the ../ portion of the string properly, or even at all.

Looking at the plot log, I get "plotted with errors" the error being "ERROR: Error saving DWF file; DWF file is open or uneditable."

and the rest of the details being:

File: F:\Stage\CADD\jobs\xxxxxxxxxx\Drawings\9000 Series Sketches\93101 LOWER DIMMER ROOM.dwg
Category name:
Page setup: DWF A3
Device name: DWF6 ePlot.pc3 - plotted to file
Plot file path: transmittals\current issue\93101 LOWER DIMMER ROOM.dwf
Paper size: ISO expand A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)

Any thought on how this can be fixed?

G

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: GilesPhillips

The Auto Publish settings are stored in the AutoCAD profile in the AcAutoPublishOpts section of the Windows registry as you noted, correct.

But since what you want to do will vary by which drawing you have open at the time (dozens of physical locations somehow taged with a partial entry/locator), I suspect you need to really ask in one of the Customization Forums for help creating a startup or 'reactor' to handle the edits the entry on a per-file basis.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost