Did you mean: 

Aligning title block in layout tab

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Retirement_Bound
2863 Views, 3 Replies

Aligning title block in layout tab

Many times when I receive a drawing from an architect, when I go into the layout tab the titleblock info/XREF doesn't line up with the page layout.  I would assume it lined up when the architect sent it to me in his software.  For years the solution I use is to XREF the architects PDF in the layout and then go to print and change the Print Offset till it looked right in the print preview.  Then I would apply it to the layout.  I would then take the offsets and apply it to every sheet.  This is a very time consuming process and was wondering if there is a better way to make this work and still keep the scales.  I was also wondering if there was a way to move and align the layout on the fly in the paperspace.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Retirement_Bound

You XREF PDF files only so you can plot them? That is a lot of work.
Why not work with the file creator and you teo agree on one driver to use for Pagesetups like the default DWG to PDF. PC3 driver?
Share titleblocks too.
Message 3 of 4

I actually used their title block and their drawing as my base.  I think you might have misunderstood why I Xref the PDF.  I use it as an alignment tool so I can move my stuff around to match theirs.  I think this might be a Revit DWG export, but sometimes it is an export from another such as archicad or vectorworks.  Once I align it, I then unload the xref of the PDF.  However, I am trying to figure out a faster way to line it all up. as right now I move items around on the paperspace and also change things in the print setup and then "apply to layout".  I think I am asking if there is a way to move things in the paperspace without having to use the "apply to layout"? 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Retirement_Bound

No such ability in AutoCAD to magically align layout content to a PDF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost