ACAD MEP 2013/2014: rasterized diagonal lines when printing on HP T520

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
info
1099 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD MEP 2013/2014: rasterized diagonal lines when printing on HP T520

Hi there all,

HP Designjet T520 36 inch ePrinter (CQ893A)

Latest HP-Driver: 61.125.1522.100

Latest Firmware: AXP2CN1325AR

Windows 7 64-Bit with AutoCAD MEP 2013 + 2014

we get rasterized diagonal lines when printing from AutoCAD on that Printer in A0 format, straight lines are ok.

Printing FIRST to an PDF printer an THEN to the T520 ist also ok (this is what the customer currently does and the quality is good). Got some suggestions from a local ACAD dealer (max. details in the printer driver) but no success ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Mario

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: info

Your PDF output is what, 600dpi? higher?
Do you see stepped angled lines when you Preview in AutoCAD?
Message 3 of 8
info
in reply to: pendean

Hi there Dean, as the user reports PDF Output is only 100dpi (?) and yes, there are stepped angled lines in AutoCAD Preview, no matter if PDF or DWG preview and no matter how much dpi. Mario
Message 4 of 8
pendean

If there are stepped angled lines in the PREVIEW with the HP selected, it might be worth examining the driver or PLOT parameters: PREVIEW shows what it is sending out to the plotter.

Doe PREVIEW with the PDF driver selected show stepped angled lines?
Message 5 of 8
info

Hi there Dean, yes, according to the user the PDF PREVIEW does show stepped angled lines too. I for myself am not familiar with AutoCAD at all, so please where to look for the appropriate PLOT settings? Thanks Mario
Message 6 of 8
pendean

While I don't doubt your user's feedback, have you laid eyes on their screen and their output? angled lines on computer screens are stepped but not dramatically and they sure don't print where anyone would notice.

See attachments: first two are screenshots of PREVIEW in modelspace and paperspace, third screenshot are the plot parameters in effect when I took the screenshots.

Message 7 of 8
info

Hi there Dean, the user settings already were the same as in your screenshots, and they DID print with more than 100dpi (100 dpi incorrect reported by the user). As the PDF results still were disappointing, we did switch from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader and quality is good now! Printing directly to printer (no matter if AutoCAD driver or HP driver) still shows bad quality (stepped angled lines). As I sad earlier we're not experts in AutoCAD at all so one last question: why everybody tell us DWG -> PDF -> print is the way to go and not DWG -> print directly? We appreciate your generous support! Mario Reinhöfer LR IT-Systeme Germany
Message 8 of 8
pendean

That's not advice I would ever give: it would appear you all have more going on that remote assistance can provide (or at least through me).
We have about a half dozen HP devices here and none exhibiti your issue (but then we don't have your particular model either): we plot directly to them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost