*Pederson, Gord
Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

11X17 Paper Size and AutoCAD 14

255 Views, 1 Replies
04-13-2000 01:39 PM
I've downloaded the latest ADI from Hewlett Packard for AutoCAD 14. I've
set-up a new printer in AutoCAD using the 11x17 Laser printer option. The
problem is that when I send a plot to a HP 5SINX, it always prompts me for
to load A3 paper instead of taking the 11x17 that is sitting in the tray.

Any ideas?

--
remove "nospam_
" from email address.

Regards,

Gord Pederson
Technical Data Administrator
MIL Systems
1150 Morrison Dr. Suite 200
Ottawa, ON
Canada
K2H 8S9

gpederson@nospam_milsystems.com
http:\\www.milsystems.com
Valued Contributor
jshowatt
Message 2 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: 11X17 Paper Size and AutoCAD 14

04-14-2000 11:16 AM in reply to: *Pederson, Gord
I'm guessing, but this might be the printer telling you that the paper size set in AutoCAD can't be accomodated because of the printer's default margin size so it's bumping you up to a bigger paper size. I think I remember wading through documentation somewhere on this behavior. When printing to lasers, I always make a USER paper size that is 1/2" smaller than the actual paper size - 10.5" x 16.5" - to accomodate default margins. Plotting to fit always provides complete output. To plot to a precise scale, make sure the plot window dimensions are <= dimscale x AutoCAD paper size (not actual size).

Steve

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community