Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing feature on Mac?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
samhh1
1019 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing feature on Mac?

Will the capability to make 2d drawings be available on Macs soon?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
schneik-adsk
in reply to: samhh1

Yes, we expect it later this summer. Bringing the whole world of manufacturing to the OS X community requires a bottom up investment to change what has been a windows focused world to a multi platform world. Since so many of these technologies were Windows first, getting to a base level of performance and quality on Windows is just faster. It does not mean we are not committed to Macs. We don't believe in having different product capabilities on the two desktop platforms. We do release the Windows previews first so we can learn from customers and have them influence direction as early as possible. I hope our reasons make sense to you.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 9
samhh1
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thanks for the explanation, it's good to hear the reasons and to know that their is a lot of effort being put into both platforms. I look forward to the new features.
Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
cekuhnen
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Ok that makes sense!

Thank you.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 5 of 9
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: cekuhnen

@cekuhnen  I thought I'd follow up with you and let you know that the Drawings Tech Preview is now available on Mac (note that it is not available for Mac AppStore installs yet, but only for installs from our webpage fusion360.autodesk.com for the time being). Have a play with it and let us know your thoughts.

Best,

Timera

Message 6 of 9
cekuhnen
in reply to: samhh1

Looks OK crashed fee times on my Mac web download.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 7 of 9
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: cekuhnen

When did it crash? On launch or during an operation? If you're not already, be sure to add your email address to the CER reports, that way we can dig in and take a look at what's causing the crashes.

Thanks!
Timera

Message 8 of 9

Downloaded the Mac Fusion 360 Ultimate trial version from the App store then your URL and do not see the Drawing feature in either. Is the function live and functioning now? Where do I find it and does it work like the video tutorial "Introduction to Drawings"?

Message 9 of 9
rakltd-rick
in reply to: rakltd-rick

Just figured it out. It was the file icon drop down list instead of the Toolbox icon shown in the video demo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report