Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial1 - basic file

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ludwika85
678 Views, 16 Replies

Tutorial1 - basic file

In the introduction do the first CAM tutorial I found : "Before proceeding, please open the part Tutorial1.f3d in Fusion 360"

Forgive me for my stupidity, but where is it?

Ludwika

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
bobvdd
in reply to: ludwika85

Good catch.Following 3 tutorial files are missing from the Fusion project called "Autodesk 360 Experience":

• Tutorial1.f3d
  • Tutorial2.f3d
  • CAM Mania Tutorial.f3d

I will upload these 3 missing files in the next day or so and will report back to this forum when this has happened.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 17
ludwika85
in reply to: bobvdd

Many Thanks Bob , I will wait for this files.

And I have one question more. When I create toolpath file by : Create derived documents >Create Toolpath from design > Create. I must restart aplication because the new toolpath file is not visible in section "RECENT" or  "ACTIVITY" . After restart the new one is visible in both sections. Why ?

Message 4 of 17
bobvdd

That does not sound right. The toolpath file should automatically open up in a new tab.

There could be a timing issue at play. Did you try to use the refresh buitton above the ACTIVITY feed?

See attachment.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 5 of 17
ludwika85

Indeed the new toolpath file is opened in a new tab, but when I close this new file I have the effects described earlier.

Here http://youtu.be/Id1IGWIF2QY you can check it. Refresh "activity" does not give effect

Message 6 of 17
bobvdd

I never saw you do an explcit save of the file in your video (nice kid BTW :-))

Sounds to me that you have turned off automatic save on close in your Preferences.

Can you check one thing for me?

• Inside Fusion, open the Preferences dialog.
  • Verify the "Automatic save on close" settings (see attached image).
    Chances are that this checkbox is unchecked.
    You want to have it checked (unless you want to have full manul control and only want to save by explicitly using the Save command)

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 7 of 17
ludwika85

I think that my Preferences are right, here you can check once again http://youtu.be/9fOPWDgUEuM

By the way " Nice Kid" . He is 13 mounths old and  ( His name is Casper ) weighs 14 kg (about 31  pounds) and probably will not be a scientist. I think he will be rather football player.

Message 8 of 17
bobvdd

Casper is clever. As a football player, he won't have to deal with cloud lag 🙂

Your preference setting is OK. Your file is probably being saved  but I bet the process is slow.

Did you notice the "Upload in progress" dialog at 1:23 min in your last video when you close Fusion?

That is the toolpath file that is in the process of being uploaded to the server. Normally the upload process will continue once you restart Fusion.

Two things I would do, if I were you:

1. Do an explicit save with the Save button, if you are concerned that you might loose some of your work.

2. Be a little bit more patient and hit the overal Refresh button (see attached image) after a couple of minutes, to refresh your Recent File section.

Cheers

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 9 of 17
ludwika85

Thanks for your valuable comments, I will remember them. I am waiting for files to tutorials.

Users in Europe are served by servers located in U.S. or in Europie. My problems arise perhaps from the fact that the servers are overloaded.Was not previously this message "Upload in progress". 

Regards

Ludwika

Message 10 of 17
bobvdd

Thanks. I am still working on uploading the tutorial files. Should be available sometime next week.

Just wondering why you close the Fusion session so shortly after creating a new toolpath document.

I would think that the more typical workflow is to continue to work with Fusion on the toolpath file and thus the "Upload in progress" message should be rarely seen. 

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 11 of 17
ludwika85

"Just wondering why you close the Fusion session so shortly after creating a new toolpath document"

I made it just for test .

"I would think that the more typical workflow is to continue to work with Fusion on the toolpath file and thus the "Upload in progress" message should be rarely seen."

Message 'Upload in progress" appears always, no matter if I close the file immediately after opening or after work with file (model or toolpath -meaningless) for an hour.

This message  began to appear after update from June 28th 2014, previously, it was not.

Message 12 of 17
bobvdd

I think this was  a deliberate change in the June 28 release.

I would expect the "Upload in progress"  to show up when the following two conditions are met :

a) you have "Automatic save on close" turned on

b) you close the Fusion session within 5 minutes of closing the Toolpath doc

The reason for the message is that Fusion needs several minutes to upload a new doc.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 13 of 17
ludwika85

Thanks for your help in understanding the application
When I started learning with the application, it was as simple application, but powerful in modeling. I am glad that it is being developed, now it is already pretty cool CAD / CAM system. 

Thanks again Bob

Ludwika

Message 14 of 17
anthony.graves

Thanks for the feedback Ludwika. Just out of curiosity, what are you using now for CAD/CAM and how did you find out about Fusion 360 (and the CAM functionality?)

Have a great day.

Anthony Graves

Product Manager, CAM

Message 15 of 17
ludwika85
in reply to: anthony.graves

Hi Anthony ,thanks for thinking of me

In this moment  I thoroughly recognize the CAM Reference chapter in Help.

It is important to know how to control the toolpath and other parameters of the fabrication.

The CAM system in AF3600 seems to me be more friendly than for example in CreO  - transfer to the CAM system is very simple and easy. What's next? , Yet I do not know.

Ludwika

Message 16 of 17
anthony.graves

Thanks Ludwika,

Please keep us updated on your use and progress. We will be coming out with another update as part of the August Fusion 360 release. There will be a lot of good editions to the software over the next few months (modeling, documentation, CAM, etc.). Let us know what you think.

Anthony Graves

Product Manager, CAM

Message 17 of 17
bobvdd

Wanted to let everyone know that the original problem reported by Ludwika is now fixed.

You can find the 3 CAM tutorial files in the Fusion 360 Gallery.

Select the Project assets button in order to download the f3d files.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report