Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and Essentials Learing

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
sachlene.singh
1099 Views, 15 Replies

Help and Essentials Learing

Hey,

We are all working very hard to get you a great product with Fusion 360 and a great experience using this product. While Fusion 360 is fairly easy to learn and to start working with, we have put up content in the 'Help and Essentials Learning' section that you can leverage to be productive faster.

Click on the Learn tab at the top of the Hub or go to this link to see all the learning content.

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/resources

We are also interetsed in your feedback on what other resources you would like to see in the Learn section, so keep it coming, and we will keep churning out useful content.

Thanks!

-Sachlene

-Sachlene
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
sanguish
in reply to: sachlene.singh

Is there an updated (or a not updated) version of the previous Fusion 360 manual available as PDF?

I found that very useful, but I seem to have misplaced it.

I've also found I'm getting "Missing Plug-in" on Safari and Chrome on Mac OS X for the videos. I was able to view them with some poking around, but I think the HTML is odd or out of date (embed?)

Message 3 of 16
cekuhnen
in reply to: sanguish

A PDF manual would  be nice for some of the basics or facts / concepts!

Yep it is their own HTML code, as the same error happens on Windows and Quicktime plug-ins work well on other sides.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 4 of 16
schneik-adsk
in reply to: cekuhnen

Please try again. We have made some server side updates.

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 16

Videos are still not working, not on our Macs at least.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 6 of 16
cekuhnen
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

yep still not working.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 7 of 16
sanguish
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Still doesn't work here either.

You are able to see them if you turn on Debug and search through the HTML for the right URLs, but that isn't the best way.

I found them useful, although tutorials for some of the tasks might be useful.

And again, PDF that can be printed and read would be awesome. As I said, I know there was  a version for the last update. But I didn't save it. 

Message 8 of 16
schneik-adsk
in reply to: cekuhnen

Try clearing the browser cach.  This seems to fix the problem.

Kevin Schneider
Message 9 of 16

Tried clearing the cache on Chrome, still get a missing plug in message. This is on Mac OS 10.8.3.

- Ron

Message 10 of 16
kat.ingalls
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hey Oceanconcepts, I'm also using Chrome for Mac 10.8.3 and the videos are showing up fine for me. Are you using the latest version of Chrome? There was an update recently... We'll also be hosting most videos on YouTube by the end of the week. Hope that helps!

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 11 of 16
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: kat.ingalls

I did update Chrome, and restarted, and emptied the cache again, and still nothing in Chrome.  I can, however, now view them in Safari.  

But I can't get my Fusion file to run without crashing in the new version, and some are corrupted, apparently, so that is a bigger issue at the moment. Smiley Frustrated

Ron

- Ron

Message 12 of 16
adam.molnar.1
in reply to: kat.ingalls

It's strange. I cleaned the browsers cache. I also use 10.8.3 but with Safari and i see missing plugin message, but not all tutorial videos. Under Opera browser, no problem (after cache clean and browser restart). The YT links would help! Thanks!

Message 13 of 16

Something has changed- yesterday the videos were visible to me (breifly) in Safari, though not on Chrome.  This afternoon both browsers are back to giving the missing plug in message. Checked this on several machines, one of which had been asleep since playing part of the video, so I doubt it's anything at this end. 

- Ron

Message 14 of 16
eddgto
in reply to: sachlene.singh

I am a Graphic Designer and use 3d modeling as a tool for creating Comps inside Adobe After Effects using 3D Elements. Use Blender and Inventor Fusion for modeling . When I became involved with Fusion 360 Beta and and worked with Sculpted I though it was the neatest thing since sliced bread. I had never heard of T-Spline technology. I can see the possibilities it has for me, but I'm having a hard time understanding it. Would like to more comprehensive Learning Videos.

Message 15 of 16
cekuhnen
in reply to: eddgto

Hello fellow Blender user.

To answer your question about T-Splines.

You might have noticed the radical difference between Fusion and Blender. Polygon mesh modeling is like weaving the wiremesh by hand and then glueing paper mache over it.

This modeling technique excells at generating fluid free forms.

NURBS is based on 4 sided sheets of paper that you can bend and fold intersect and then trim.

You can greatly control surface precission but the moment you want to do something fluid like in Blender or with subdivision surface modeling you are hitting the challenge of complicated work methods and extreme labor time.

T-Splines is functioning here as a translater, making you use polygon modeling for creating the input data, and T-Splines slices this data into fitting NURBS patches.

So the outcome is a SDS sculpted design converted into NURBS surfaces.

Since you are very familiar with Blender you can use it also to sculpt and block out all your designs, use modifiers etc for fast design explorations and when the design fits, bring the OBJs into Fusion360 and convert them via T-Splines into NURBS when you need special trimmings.

Blender has boolean tools so you can cut a hole into a subdivision surface. But you cannot add a fillet feature for example. Polygons cannot do it as thetechnology does not allow it in a productive way.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 16 of 16
kat.ingalls
in reply to: eddgto

Hey eddgto! Thanks for the great feedback. And thanks, cekuhnen, for the proactive answers. 🙂
The Fusion 360 team is already working on creating a lot more learning videos... We'll keep you updated via the Hub. Do let us know if there's any topics in particular you'd like more resources on.

Thanks!

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report