Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit face manipulator

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rpagewood
1101 Views, 4 Replies

Edit face manipulator

I'm not able to reorient the manipulator after selecting UNV space for the transform mode. Wish I could. The whole feature is pointless otherwise.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
deyop
in reply to: rpagewood

ReOrienting the location of the manipulator does make sense when working in World Space or View Space because reorient allows the point of scaling or rotation to be defined and applied to all selections.  When in Local or UNV space all transformations are applied based on the normal and tangent direction of each individual face, edge or vertex.  The world orient location isn't displayed because that orientation point isn't relative to the local transformation.  Here is a video that I hope will show how the Local mode can be used.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have another idea about applying reorient.

Local and World Space

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
rpagewood
in reply to: deyop

Thanks but the video isn't really that helpful. i'm using the edit face function in the model workspace. I am trying to move the position of the manipulator point to a specific point on the face with the orientation in UNV space. It's not letting me move the manipulator after I click UNV space for the transform mode. The reason I want to move the manipulator is because I want the centre of rotation to be in a specific place along an edge.

UNV.JPG 

Message 4 of 5
schneik-adsk

try leaving the manipulator to worldspace and then reorient.
Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 5
deyop

I understand your question a bit better now.  Here is a video that attempts to explain why the reorient is not available and a potential solution using View as the Coordinate Space.

Edit Face Local Mode

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report