Pointing Devices and Displays

larry.alwood
Message 1 of 3 (588 Views)

vtablet with Autocad 2013

588 Views, 2 Replies
07-13-2012 03:45 PM

I just upgraded to windows 7 from XP and finally have to give up my old Calcomp driver for my Cadpro digitizer.  I downloaded and installed the Vtablet driver for Windows 7 and everything went smoother than expected. (had to install a serial port in my brand new computer though!)  It is working fine in Autocad bur when I exit out of Autocad, I lose the defined screen pointing area with the digitizer.  Opening and closing the tablet manager fixes the problem - the screen area dwes not even need to ve redefined.  Was anyone else seen this behavior?  Is there a possible setting somewhere in the tablet manager that might possibly solve the problem or is this a bug in the driver, or is something in Auto cad causing it to be reset when I exit.

It is not a major problem, but I can see where it will get irritating after a while having to reset it all the time.

tim.hansen
Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: vtablet with Autocad 2013

07-15-2013 01:53 PM in reply to: larry.alwood

When you say 'serial port', do you mean actual hardware or did you stick a driver on that somehow? I tried to get the Vtablet to run several times and could never make it past the port selection because of that. How'd 'ya do it?

larry.alwood
Message 3 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: vtablet with Autocad 2013

07-15-2013 04:35 PM in reply to: tim.hansen

Actual hardware.  I installed a PCIe serial port card in order to plug in the digitizer since my new computer did not come with serial ports.  I don't remember now how much I spent, but it wasn't too much, I think $10 or $15.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community