Pointing Devices and Displays

*James Maeding
Message 1 of 1 (199 Views)

possible solution if intellimouse wheel stops zooming

199 Views, 0 Replies
03-31-2010 09:06 AM
One of my user's mouse stopped zooming when the wheel is rolled.
He has an intellimouse explorer, the kind with non-tilt wheel and two thumb buttons.
I went into the driver, and picked the troubleshoot button.
It offered a list of running progs, and said to pick the one that was having issues. I picked acad, and hit ok, and it
actually fixed things!

I bet other ms drivers have this functionality too, try it if you run into this.
I normally avoid those troubleshooters, because the computers I deal with are set up all the same, so drivers are
typically in order. However, most systems here have logitech mice, so there was a difference.
This kind of fix even makes it worth it to use a driver higher in version than your mouse, it usually works.
Hope this helps some frustrated souls.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community