Pointing Devices and Displays

raykins
Message 1 of 2 (1,141 Views)

Configure tablet menu on CalComp Drawing Board VI

1141 Views, 1 Replies
10-13-2010 10:07 AM

I am having a problem getting the screen pointing area for the AutoCAD Tablet menu to work after configuring the TABLET for the standard AutoCAD menu template. The cross hairs seem to be locked on the side of the screen pointing area. All of the menu items work. Does anyone have information on how to properly configure a digitizer for use with the AutoCAD Tablet menu? Using AutoCAD Map 2010.

Thanks

edmcclave
Message 2 of 2 (800 Views)

Re: Configure tablet menu on CalComp Drawing Board VI

06-12-2011 08:27 PM in reply to: raykins

If all of the menus work, then I assume that you have a proper Wintab driver, have selected Wintab compatible digitizer in the options, and selected input by mouse AND digitizer.

Try to configure the tablet again - go through all of the menus; pick the three corners of each one; enter the rows and columns.  When it asks if you want to configure the fixed screen pointing area, enter yes, then be absolutely sure that the next two picks are the lower left and the upper right corners of the pointing area on the template.  It sounds like you might have double-clicked by accident on the lower left, thus entering a zero-sized screen pointing area.  I have the same digitizer, and it's quite easy to accidentally double-click when making a pick.

Don't give up on the digitizer - it will give you a huge advantage in efficiency compared to the pull-down-menu, mouse-clicking, video game players.

Good luck

Ed

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community