Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open multiple files or close files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MarioChiesa
642 Views, 1 Reply

Can't open multiple files or close files

Yesterday everything was working fine, I was trying a plugin for AutoCAD 2013 (Import PDF) or a name similar to that and then I wasn't and still can't today close my CAD files.  I have a screen shot of what the minimize, window, and exit buttons look like.  The exit button isn't lit up for some reason and won't let me close my files that I may have open.  But if I just want to close that file and be done with AutoCAD for a bit to use another program for a project then I have to close AutoCAD all together and not just the file window.

Other than that, since I had downloaded that plugin I can not open multiple CAD files at a time.  I normally on a daily basis have three to four files open for jobs either to jump from job to job or because I am using one for other purposes.  When I try to open a second file a box pops up telling me to save or dont save the previous file I was working on then I hit save and the file I am trying to open ends up over-riding the other file, not just opening a new window within AutoCAD.

I am not sure whether or not this happened because of the plugin (which wasn't even working properly it seemed) or if it is just something that happened right when I installed the plugin.

If someone can help I would appreciate it, I need to be able to switch from jobs easier as well as going from file to file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: MarioChiesa

uninstall the plugin: use WIndows System Restore to put back your system to a week or month it all worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost