Pointing Devices and Displays

Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 1 of 8 (4,397 Views)

Awesome Programmable Multi button Mouse

4397 Views, 7 Replies
03-16-2010 11:03 AM
Okay, for all you custom freaks like myself who miss the 16 button tablet days...
I have found the perfect mouse, the Razor Naga.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/categoryId.35208800

It has 12 buttons on the thumb side that are fully programmable. You can record any number of keystrokes for any macro and program that macro into any button on the mouse.
It works with Windows 7 64 bit (and others) and so far I like it. I've programmed several osnaps, osnap toggle, ortho toggle, copybase, pasteorig, and pasteblock, and more into it. It's less than $80 and well worth it in my opinion. It's available through Amazon too.
For years I've said if I could have my old tablet with 16 button puc with a wheel, I'd love it. This does it! I'm happy.
This may have sounded like a sales pitch or add, but I'm in no way associated with Razor. It's just a discovery I thought I'd share.
Lyle.
manuelram16
Message 2 of 8 (4,395 Views)

Re: Awesome Programmable Multi button Mouse

03-16-2010 04:06 PM in reply to: hardin
Hi Lyle,

I Put in the commands I use more often and so far is working Great!, just got to play with the MACRO software a bit to get it to work right.
have you checked the Multi-button mouse comming out from warmouse.com ?, looks like it will be the one closer to the 16 Button Summasketch III puck

manuelram16
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 3 of 8 (4,396 Views)

03-17-2010 07:16 AM in reply to: hardin
Yes, I saw your post about the warmouse.com mouse and checked it out. It looks a bit rough now, aesthetically, but I guess it's still in the development stages. I hope it makes it. I know I'll try it out if it does. So far I like the Naga. I may pass it off to a co worker as I don't do as much production CAD as I used to. I kinda wish I still did now that I have this mouse! But he can probably make better use of it at this point. Managing and applying the Macros in Driver Version 2.01 is wonderful. Even better than the tablets were because you don't have to reload any menus. Change a macro and go back into AutoCAD and test it out! Love it.
*Mac Daddy
Message 4 of 8 (4,397 Views)

03-25-2010 02:02 PM in reply to: hardin
A long time friend and co-worker tried the Naga because of growing
frustrations with driver issues with the CADPro's we are both using. And
after about a month or two, he is a converted man! We are both die-hard
tablet users from way back, but he's got me reconsidering too.

He also highly recommends the exactmat to go with it.
Active Contributor
jcroker
Message 5 of 8 (4,398 Views)

04-20-2010 06:46 PM in reply to: hardin
"growing frustrations with driver issues" that almost perfectly describes my experience with the calcomp III I used - I would have added "extreme frustration".
I have been a long time tablet user (since 1986) and was very reluctant to give it up. But when I saw the razer naga I decided this may be the thing to let me do it. I got one and love it (got another for home).
However, I still have not removed the tablet driver from my workstation (hard to let go), and still have the tablet (disconnected) in front of my monitors.

I agree, Razer Naga - Awesome.
jlucero
Message 6 of 8 (3,769 Views)

03-16-2011 07:33 AM in reply to: hardin

Ok, we got the Naga. What do you all recommend for the button assignments? Any suggestions?

pcurtis
Message 7 of 8 (2,331 Views)

10-09-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: *Mac Daddy

Which exactmat?

I had ";/" following my osnaps programmed on my 16 button puck so that the selections were instant, using the CADPro.  I can't seem to get that with the Naga Epic.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Active Contributor
kevin
Message 8 of 8 (1,194 Views)

05-15-2013 06:39 AM in reply to: pcurtis
I use a g700s from Logitech - same principle. To do my osnaps - I setup a macro that also includes a mouse click.... so for endp the macro does the following:

endp "enter" "mouse click" with no delays between anything

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community