Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are images rejected?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
399 Views, 4 Replies

Why are images rejected?

I want to anlayze a set of normalized greyscale images with photo on recap 360..  When I submitted them as 8-bit png files they would not upload. When I converted them to 24-bit jpegs, they uploaded but the analysis would not start (stuck in review screen).

I suppose the problem is that there is no camera information in the EXIF, so I shall be resubmitting with that added. Do you have documentation of what EXIF tags Photo relies on?

It would be really nice if the service showed some diagnostics instead of just refusing to function.

--Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

update: although the UI remained stuck in review page, the project was in fact stitched and with a pretty good result. Too bad this excellent 3D anlaysis facility is wrapped in such a lame and buggy web UI.
Message 3 of 5
vidanom

Hi Tom,

We'll get back to you with more info around this.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 4 of 5
vidanom
in reply to: vidanom

Hi Tom,

To get better results and If these EXIF values were lost in the process of photo editing, you can adjust this right before submitting your scene.

It is located above the photos in the sorting options (sample attached).

Click the images preview option and select the "camera" icon.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 5
ReCap_Ju

Hello Tom,

To add information on what Mitko said, the device parameters should always be available if you upload your pictures.

There is actually an issue when you select pictures that were uploaded previously, we are currently in touch with the storage team to resolve this.
I'll let you know as soon as it is fixed.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report